MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jonathan Brookins vs. Erik Koch slated for UFC Fight Night 25 "Bayou" event   [View Full Version]
pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

This past week Jonathan Brookins told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) he planned to return at "UFC Fight Night 25: Battle on the Bayou."

"The Ultimate Fighter 12" winner now has an opponent.

Brookins (12-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC) has agreed to drop a weight class to fight featherweight Erik Koch (12-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) at the Sept. 17 event, UFC officials today announced.

Article

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

He was supposed to fight Stephens and now he's fighting Koch. Joe Silva must really have it out for this kid.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

He was supposed to fight Stephens and now he's fighting Koch. Joe Silva must really have it out for this kid.

Yeah, that's interesting. Two young guys, you would think he(Joe Silva) would want to build them up and not have them face each other so soon.

I think I like Koch to win here.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Big step up for Brookins. Should be a good scrap with 2 up and comers. Koch might be a tad more ready to take the step up than Brookins.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Very hard fight. Big test for brookins

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i really wasnt impressed with brookins. ill take koch on this one forsure.

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

People are falling in love with Koch to fast, very impressive last fight yes but lets not overlook that him like Pettis will struggle with wrestlers. Brookins handled a good wrestler and athlete like Johnson at 155, he should handle a much smaller featherweight. Deff a good scrap though.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

Brookins has better grappling control, I wouldn't be surprised to see him control the fight as Koch is content to go for subs from his back.

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Posted by quezocrema0032

People are falling in love with Koch to fast

[View Full Version of this Page]