MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Does Florian deserve a title shot with a win?
Forum Opinion Poll
Yes 6 43%
No 8 57%

Kenny Florian Believes A Win over Diego Nunes at UFC 131 Earns Him a Shot at Jose Aldo   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Kenny Florian’s dedication to always fight the best will be shown when he faces top 5 ranked featherweight Diego Nunes at UFC 131, and if he wins, he believes that’s all the evidence he’ll need to face Jose Aldo next.

LINK

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Does he deserve it no
Will he get one probably yes
If ufc decides to have aldo fight early fall and not wait for mendes/yahya outcome
Mendes will face winner

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Maybe if this was SF.

I mean 1 fight at FW and he should get a title shot. It's not like he is coming over from another org in the same weight division, he's coming down to a new division.

I see Aldo beating Florian, and I don't see Aldo and teammate Nunes fighting each other.

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

Mendes deserves it more, but I voted yes because I believe that Florian has a much better chance of defeating Aldo. Also, that fight would be 10x more entertaining

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Mendes deserves it more, but I voted yes because I believe that Florian has a much better chance of defeating Aldo. Also, that fight would be 10x more entertaining

Agree

finnish_line » Posted 8/16/07 8:54:00AM

It might, but I wouldn't be thrilled with the situation.

If he wins he'd be 1-1 in his last two.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by finnish_line

It might, but I wouldn't be thrilled with the situation.

If he wins he'd be 1-1 in his last two.

and would be 3-1 in his last four

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

KungFuMaster » Posted 5/17/11 11:13:00PM

I like Florian and I would like to see him fight for the title soon but he has to understand there are a few fighters who have been patiently waiting for their shot.

If Florian beats Nunes and wins his next fight also, I say give it to him then.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

I have never ascribed to the notion that a fighter needs a certain number of fights before getting a title shot. Everything depends on context, Florian has been a pretty clear top5 at the lightweight division for a very, very long time, and it seems pretty clear based on that and assuming that he wins this fight that he is a contender at 145, and probably the top contender skill-wise.

I want to see the best possible fight for the title, not the guy who "deserves it" whatever that means.

[View Full Version of this Page]