MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Who would rather see Jon Fitch fight?
Forum Opinion Poll
George St. Pierre 2 7%
B.J Penn 12 40%
Rick Story 16 53%

Jon Fitch Not Interested in Rick Story Fight, Would Wait for BJ Penn or Georges St-Pierre   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Highly ranked welterweight contender Jon Fitch is all about getting big fights. For years, he’s stepped up and fought some of the toughest opponents in the division.

As of late, one fighter who’s made waves at 170 pounds is Rick Story. The fighter out of Brave Legion in Washington State beat former title contender Thiago Alves by unanimous decision this past Saturday at UFC 130: Rampage vs. Hamill. In his postfight interviews, Story made it clear the most ideal next opponent for him is Fitch, citing that the wrestler out of Purdue is the next one up the rankings.

LINK

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

**** that. He's not going to get gsp coming off a draw and I don't know a lot of people who want to see the rematch with BJ more then they want to see the Story fight.

Can't really blame Fitch for wanting to wait. He fought his way back to the #2 Welterweight spot and has managed to keep it tied down, fighting anyone not named Penn or St. Pierre would be a huge risk for his current position in the rankings. He deserves both those fights, anyway.

Posted by Budgellism

**** that. He's not going to get gsp coming off a draw and I don't know a lot of people who want to see the rematch with BJ more then they want to see the Story fight.

I actually want to see the rematch with Penn. lol. I thought he won in his fight with Penn, and I think he would take the rematch. (I'm a huge Penn hater. haha)

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Screw Fitch. He should have no choice. I think the UFC should make him fight Story and switch things up. No one wants to see him fight BJ back to back. Fitch doesn't want Story cause he won't be able to lay on him for 3 rounds

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

LOL thats funny Fitch wont fight his teammates and now another guy hes saying no to....Has he seen his own fights? Kinda lackluster to be saying who you will and wont fight...He of all people IMO should be trying to make the fans happy...

Considering he sits on a record of 13-1-1 in the UFC, he has the right to turn down a fight like Story. How many other fighters have a record of that caliber in the UFC who don't hold a belt? He wants another shot at the title, and he deserves it, if fans want to see it or not. Excitement is great and all, but the W is what matters most, and Fitch has a hell of a lot of them. Two of them being Alves, who Story just beat once.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Is Fitch trying to get on Dana's sh*t list or what? This stuff and not fighting teammates(which I can understand).

I don't think there's any way he's getting GSP as he already got beat down by GSP. Fitch would need a big finish to get GSP again.

UFC prolly isn't going to let him sit around and wait though.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Its Bj Penn or Story. Suck it up Fitch you went to a draw with a LW for gods sake.

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

scared as f*ck.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

You can say no to any fight you want....UNTIL there are title implications, then you take the fight they give you. End of story. Either that, or you take yourself out of the title race IMO.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

This is a BS move. He's not going to give the young hungry fighter his shot at making it big?

The UFC needs to make this fight happen and put fitch in his place.

No one wants to see him fight GSP again because he's a boring fighter and he's shown nothing different in his game to make anyone think a rematch would be any different.

The BJ Penn fight would be ok... the first fight was pretty good. But I don't like the waiting around. I also don't like the practice of immediate rematches after draws. Let both guys move on. If there is a crossing of paths later on it makes for a more interesting story line if the went to a draw some time in the past.

MW and WW need new contenders. When you have a fighter like story who looks like he can beat the upper echelon in the division he needs to have a chance to fight them. The problem with Dan Hardy is he never had to fight the top guys to earn his shot. The only way you can make exciting matchups for GSP is by having him fight guys who have beaten Alves, Fitch, or Kos. If story can beat two out of the three I want to see him fight GSP.

Make it happen dana. Tell Ftich you aint his b&*c.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

**** Fitch !!! Bring in Askren !!!!!

Posted by sbulldavid

**** Fitch !!! Bring in Askren !!!!!

Thats what I say Bring in Askren for Fitch Diaz and GSP...

I like what Askren say, "YOu might be able to stop other guys takedowns but you arent gonna stop mine"...lol love it

Posted by FastKnockout

Considering he sits on a record of 13-1-1 in the UFC, he has the right to turn down a fight like Story. How many other fighters have a record of that caliber in the UFC who don't hold a belt? He wants another shot at the title, and he deserves it, if fans want to see it or not. Excitement is great and all, but the W is what matters most, and Fitch has a hell of a lot of them. Two of them being Alves, who Story just beat once.

Fitch deserves another title shot? Seriously? Ok I will play nice here....What has Fitch done since his last title shot to show he would do better? Thats the question...I say nothing and actually has looked worse.....What the BJ fight again if you want to see Fitch....He deserves it if he KOs a guy like Johnson, Marquardt, Rick Story,,,Shields Diaz...I mean dang he could easily lost that fight to BJ i bet on him and wasnt comfy when the final bell rung...and like other guy said to a lightweight fighter...and at his own game...

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]