MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Rick Story wants to fight Jon Fitch after win over Thiago Alves   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Rick Story is no master of mathematics, he just knows that Alves + Fitch = title shot.

After a bruising victory over Thiago Alves, the number four ranked welterweight in the world, at UFC 130 last night (May 28, 2011) in Las Vegas, Story was asked who his next opponent should be.

LINK

hashyandy4 » Posted 3/31/11 10:49:00PM

im down 4 it, i was also thinking the winner of stun gun vs condit, but either way as a fan i like all those fights for the Horror Story

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

I'm saying this not because i'm caught up in the moment but because I honestly believe it but I think Story might be able to beat Fitch. Neither can take the other down I think and Story could open up and really throw bombs. Maybe steal a decision.

The fight makes a lot of sense. I say let it happen. If Story can beat Fitch he'll be a new title challenger (what's wrong with that).

As far as Alves goes, I'd love to see him fight BJ. My buddy and I have been talking about that fight since BJ last fought gsp.

Posted by Budgellism

The fight makes a lot of sense. I say let it happen. If Story can beat Fitch he'll be a new title challenger (what's wrong with that).

As far as Alves goes, I'd love to see him fight BJ. My buddy and I have been talking about that fight since BJ last fought gsp.

Dude if that went down i would flip. I seriously agree with u more than anyone else on the playground

Posted by hashyandy4

Posted by Budgellism

Dude if that went down i would flip. I seriously agree with u more than anyone else on the playground

Lol, great minds think alike my friend.

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by hashyandy4

Posted by Budgellism

Lol, great minds think alike my friend.

That they do

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

i think story can beat fitch too

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I like it
Scratch the fitch vs penn fight. And have fitch fight story for next title shot

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Forget Fitch, I would rather see Story vs Ellenberger II

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Forget Fitch, I would rather see Story vs Ellenberger II

Didn't even think about that. Great fight.

SNAPNAPORTAP » Posted 5/27/11 4:45:00AM

Huge Fitch fan, from his hometown of Fort Wayne, but Story will beat him. Jon doesn't have the power in his hands to finish fights, and I def see this being a boxing match. I see Story winning by 2nd round KO, 3 min in.

Jekyll » Posted 5/26/11 2:51:00AM

i wouldn't mind seeing the fight, IMO Fitch is one of the more overrated fighters..

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

No matter who Rick fights next, I want him to avoid taking bombs like he did in Round 3 against Alves. The Horror is definitely a young kid on the fast track, and in a sense it was good to see that not only can he take a shot, he can take multiple shots. He was hit with bombs that would've KO'ed many a man on the first punch. Story just hung in there, unmoved.

I wouldn't mind if he went another dozen fights before being hit like that again. You want to preserve that chin. Keep taking punches like that in your fights, and in a couple years that iron jaw will be melted down.

For the record, I like the match-up suggestions everyone is throwing around! Story-Ellenberger 2 would be great! I also forgot they fought before. With wins over Ellenberger and Johnny Hendricks, Story is definitely looking like the top 170 pound prospect right now. He needs a big name in his next bout. Fitch, Penn, Kos, someone!

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

FYI- Story's training partner Mike Pierce put a good beating on Fitch before getting outworked in the later rounds. Id wager Story could take him.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]