MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC 134 official with Anderson Silva vs. Yushin Okami title fight   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

As expected, the UFC's return to Brazil will feature a championship headliner and rematch between middleweight titleholder Anderson Silva (28-4 MMA, 13-0 UFC) and challenger Yushin Okami (26-5 MMA, 10-2 UFC).

The long-rumored Aug. 27 event, now dubbed "UFC 134: Silva vs. Okami," is set for HSBC Arena in Rio De Janeiro.

A total of six bouts now have been announced for the card, which marks the UFC's first event in Brazil since 1998.

LINK

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

I'm not excited about this at all, people go off on how Okami deserves this like no other but i honestly disagree, he's beat one top 10 guy in his last 14 fights, that guy being Nate Marquardt.

12-2, 7 Decisions in 10 UFC wins...

For a guy oh so deserving of this shot, who has he beat? IMO, this is like Leites getting the shot... except for the win total.

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

Okami deserves it by being the best in the division currently- with Chael suspended,

the division being partially cleared out,

the fact he has a controversial win over Silva, and

he beat rising contenders

1. Munoz (who may still get a title shot in 2 fights)

2. Nate
3. Swick

The only guy who can make a case for the title over Okami is Bisping,- who Okami hasnt fought but has the tools to beat.Bisping will be next, and than Chael or GSP imo

I think Silva will stuff the takedowns and get a stoppage in the 4th round. I think

If Okami gives him nothing to counter, and doesnt go for the takeodwn until there is an opening, they could go to a UD for Silva and risk having a boring main event. Unless Okami can be relentless with the takedown from the first second to the last, i dont think his usual style will work against the Spider.

I just can't picture Okami closing the distance, or doing well standing. Okami's methodical approach may help him survive a while, but wont win him the fight.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by Hendo67

I'm not excited about this at all, people go off on how Okami deserves this like no other but i honestly disagree, he's beat one top 10 guy in his last 14 fights, that guy being Nate Marquardt.

12-2, 7 Decisions in 10 UFC wins...

For a guy oh so deserving of this shot, who has he beat? IMO, this is like Leites getting the shot... except for the win total.

Middleweight Rankings

1. Anderson Silva
2. Chael Sonnen
3. Yushin Okami
4. Nate Marquardt

How does he not deserve it coming off of a victory over the #4 ranked MW? What else does he need to do? Fly to Chael's house and kick his ass in the back yard, since Chael isn't in a position to get back in the Octagon yet? Are you suggesting he fights down the list instead of up? Because that is the only way he fights anyone other than Anderson next.

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

I understand, I would honestly rather see Silva move up and fight at 205 rather than fight Okami, i just don't think Okami really has a chance here... I think he will get beat up, i could be wrong though.

I just don't see many impressive wins in Okami's past.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I'd laugh my ass off if this ended up like Penn vs. Edgar.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I'd laugh my ass off if this ended up like Penn vs. Edgar.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Okami by UD

CracMMA » Posted 5/9/11 10:07:00PM

Bisping would probably have earned a title shot were it not for his 127 shenanigans. Okami has a good opportunity. I doubt he'd get stuck in a triangle like Sonnen's dumbass did with a minute remaining.

If Okami dumps it, Bisping will get the next chance at Silva and that should make for an interesting fight.

Bubbles » Posted 10/20/09 3:33:00PM

Posted by CracMMA

Bisping would probably have earned a title shot were it not for his 127 shenanigans. Okami has a good opportunity. I doubt he'd get stuck in a triangle like Sonnen's dumbass did with a minute remaining.

If Okami dumps it, Bisping will get the next chance at Silva and that should make for an interesting fight.

who has Bisping beat to get him a title shot over Okami?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

[View Full Version of this Page]