MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Maiquel Falcao vs. Tom Lawlor in the works for Brazil's UFC 134 event   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

A middleweight matchup between Brazilian slugger Maiquel Falcao (26-3 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and the always-entertaining Tom Lawlor (7-3 MMA, 3-2 UFC) is in the works for UFC 134.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed that both competitors have verbally agreed for the amtchup, and bout agreements are expected to be distributed shortly.

UFC 134, originally announced as "UFC: Rio," takes place Aug. 27 at HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro and marks the UFC's first Brazil event since 1998.

LINK

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

I think Falcao is going to make Lawler look really bad in this one

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

It would be nice if a middleweight like Falcoa, could get 3-4 wins in a row, and get a title shot

this mw division is too middle heavy, everyone beats each other, and there's never any new contenders who can get some consecutive wins.

I think the sport needs more fighters, now!

i dont feel like the mw division is on a high level of competition like the other divisions, and some welterweights like Kos and Fitch, should take advantage, if Kos fought smartly, he could take Silva down just like Chael did, - and avoid getting submitted. Kos rarely goes for takedowns anymore, since he has ko'd so many people.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Nice matchup
Should be spike tv prelim I hope

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by icantthinkofanything

It would be nice if a middleweight like Falcoa, could get 3-4 wins in a row, and get a title shot

this mw division is too middle heavy, everyone beats each other, and there's never any new contenders who can get some consecutive wins.

I think the sport needs more fighters, now!

i dont feel like the mw division is on a high level of competition like the other divisions, and some welterweights like Kos and Fitch, should take advantage, if Kos fought smartly, he could take Silva down just like Chael did, - and avoid getting submitted. Kos rarely goes for takedowns anymore, since he has ko'd so many people.

Prospects like Weidman and Falcao are signs of good things to come for the MW division. Also with Santiago and Mayhem coming in plus the Strikeforce champ Souza, there are some interesting match ups forming for the middleweight division.

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

I think lawlor is going to surprise some folks, I'm confident falcao isn't training with wrestlers the caliber of lawlor. Harris should have exploited the weakness in his fight with maiquel but was taken out of the fight right away. Tom UD.

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Posted by quezocrema0032

I think lawlor is going to surprise some folks, I'm confident falcao isn't training with wrestlers the caliber of lawlor. Harris should have exploited the weakness in his fight with maiquel but was taken out of the fight right away. Tom UD.

While I agree that Lawlor is the best wrestler he's faced, he was stuffing Gerald Harris like he was nothing. It wasnt exciting but Falcao was literally flawless when he attacked and defended takedowns. If anyone surprises anyone its Falcao because he's the unknown guy and Lawlor has upset other fighters before, namely CB and Cote. I think its a great matchup, I have Falcao by KO after Lawlor gasses.

[View Full Version of this Page]