MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Anderson Silva Says He Would Never Fight Jon Jones   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Anderson Silva appears to be more interested in the "Winable" superfight against Georges St. Pierre than facing Jon Jones at Light Heavyweight according to an interview with Esportes.r7.com: (translated by BE's own Tom Mendes)
On fighting Jones:

"No chance, he’s in a different weight class, we are friends and we won’t fight each other."

On fighting GSP:

"There is a chance there, everything will depend on our results. It depends on him winning at UFC 129 and me winning in August (against Yushin Okami). And from there, who knows, this fight could take place."

LINK

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

So Jon Jones is too big to fight but GSP is supposed to fight Anderson?

BigIP » Posted 4/19/08 6:24:00PM

It sounds like he i afraid of Jones. It's really a shame because I was looking forward to this super fight. I think Shogun must of told him not to fight Jones..

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Then why is he supposedly going up to LHW?

DeadHead988 » Posted 8/19/10 2:42:00PM

Posted by postman

That's some real bs. The size difference between GSP and Anderson is about the same as the one between Anderson and Jones

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I'm thinking Bones may be the only fighter that even slightly intimidates Silva. If they did fight, it would probably be the biggest fight in MMA up to this point. It NEEDS to happen.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I thought that rumor was debunked?

Anyway, this seems very uncharacteristic for Anderson. Its just one sentence from him. I expect either more explanation or a retraction out of him. This is not the Anderson I know and love.

Cooler » Posted 6/7/10 4:11:00PM

Probably because Jones hasnt opened his mouth toward Anderson yet, give Jones time, he will eventually want to fight him and say something Anderson doesnt like or Jones will fight Machida and Anderson will claim that he "broke the code"

jgtribbett » Posted 3/15/07 6:33:00PM

Posted by postman

Bingo

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Anderson sounds a tad scared to fight Mr. Jones.....and he should be.

Anderson must a student of Hypocrisy 101

RearNakedJoke » Posted 8/11/08 6:25:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

Anyway, this seems very uncharacteristic for Anderson. Its just one sentence from him. I expect either more explanation or a retraction out of him. This is not the Anderson I know and love.

Big Nog just recently said that after Okami Silva is moving up to 205.

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

Cluck, cluck, cluck.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

If you take away the author's slant you just have Anderson Silva saying "He's in a different weight class, we're not going to fight."

If Jon Jones had said anything about a fight with Anderson Silva, than it would be him ducking. But this is a reporter asking about a Dream Match-up, and Anderson Silva hitting him with the obvious.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Id put money down Anderson Silva fights Jones at some point... if it doesnt happen the UFC seriously drops the ball...

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by RearNakedJoke

Posted by bjj1605

Big Nog just recently said that after Okami Silva is moving up to 205.

Ya. I'm aware. Did you read my comment before you quoted it?

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]