MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Joe Stevenson heads to featherweight, meets Javier Vazquez at UFC on Versus 4   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Following three consecutive losses and a 2-5 mark in his past seven fights, Joe Stevenson (31-13 MMA, 8-7 UFC) is dropping from lightweight to featherweight to meet Javier Vazquez (15-5 MMA, 0-0 UFC) at UFC on Versus 4.

LINK

This is an excellent move for Stevenson. And a very tough fight for his first fight there. I've got Stevenson by decision.

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

I don't know I think this is going to be a tough cut for him. I hope it works out though I picked him to be a UFC champ someday back in 2003 when I saw him fight in King of the Cage.

kingsmasher » Posted 3/10/11 4:01:00PM

Seriously can he get to that weight? I mean jeez that means it will be the first time hes in actual good shape that I remember...

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Glad to see him not cut
With him florian, griffin dropping
Who is next??

McBee » Posted 4/15/07 3:21:00AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Glad to see him not cut
With him florian, griffin dropping
Who is next??

if all those guys can make the cut then feather weight than I am even more excited

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Never been a fan of Daddy. He's just running from the toughest division in the UFC. Good luck to him, competition just got easier.

TS92turbo » Posted 2/18/11 4:46:00PM

Cant wait to see this. Hopefully Daddy will get another title run, but I dont see him beating anyone above Hominick or KFlo.

Daddy by UD

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Never been a fan of Daddy. He's just running from the toughest division in the UFC. Good luck to him, competition just got easier.

I'm sure Aldo would have a thing or two to say about that. I doubt he's running.... He's a short 155 pounder, he's always had a little flab around his waist that he could definitely get rid of. It'll make his performance better. Joe Daddy has been fighting for years in the ufc, he's not running from anyone. It's a smart career decision.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I don't think the cut will be a big deal, he will just sacrifice a lot of muscle mass. I like his decision.The question I'm wondering is will Stevenson be able to compete with the speed of the Featherweights? He hasn't exactly been the fastest guy on the roster in his last couple of fights.

Very good point knockout. That's a big advantage that a lot of the higher ranked featherweights have. He's probably going to resemble the 145 pound version of Tibau.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Stevenson will be cut after he loses to Vazquez here.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Ahhhh the old well all I have to do is drop a weight class and everything will be ok routine.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

I don't see him beating Showtime.

Theoutlaw08 » Posted 3/23/11 3:38:00PM

Posted by Budgellism

I'm sure Aldo would have a thing or two to say about that. I doubt he's running.... He's a short 155 pounder, he's always had a little flab around his waist that he could definitely get rid of. It'll make his performance better. Joe Daddy has been fighting for years in the ufc, he's not running from anyone. It's a smart career decision.

Aldo is the only guy really in that division. Kenflo is ok, Hominick is ok. We'll see, he went from one of the toughest divisions, to one of the weakest.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]