MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
For now, Melendez vs. Kawajiri title fight a go for "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Daley"   [View Full Version]
ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Although the past week's earthquake in Japan initially cast doubt on the fight, a championship bout between lightweight titleholder Gilbert Melendez (18-2 MMA, 8-1 SF) and Tatsuya Kawajiri (27-6-2 MMA, 0-0 SF) is a go.

On Saturday MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported that fellow lightweights K.J. Noons and Jorge Masvidal were told to remain on standby in case their Japanese counterparts were unable to make it to the U.S.

However, sources close to the organization told MMAjunkie.com the past 24 hours have brought word that Melendez vs. Kawajiri should remain part of the April 9 card.

link

Budgellism » Posted 4/8/07 11:45:00AM

Posted by ncordless

Although the past week's earthquake in Japan initially cast doubt on the fight, a championship bout between lightweight titleholder Gilbert Melendez (18-2 MMA, 8-1 SF) and Tatsuya Kawajiri (27-6-2 MMA, 0-0 SF) is a go.

On Saturday MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) reported that fellow lightweights K.J. Noons and Jorge Masvidal were told to remain on standby in case their Japanese counterparts were unable to make it to the U.S.

However, sources close to the organization told MMAjunkie.com the past 24 hours have brought word that Melendez vs. Kawajiri should remain part of the April 9 card.

link

Lol, beat me to the punch by 2 minutes... I've got a poll though

CCPRIDE99 » Posted 7/12/07 7:36:00PM

melendez. all day

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Sucks for me

I hope this fight still happens

With aoki may be off the card. And daley not wanting to fight

Losing daley,aoki, and kawajiri

Honestly I wouldn't have bought a ticket to go see it

[View Full Version of this Page]