MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jorge Santiago talks the declining state of MMA in Japan; believes he can beat Anderson Silva   [View Full Version]
jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

"Everyone can see MMA in Japan getting weaker and weaker every year. I never had problems with Sengoku; they always treated me right, they always paid me on time, but I was fighting maybe twice a year, and like I'd always be telling my friends, I've been ranked in the Top 10 and there is no challenge over there."

Link

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

kevietre » Posted 6/29/07 1:36:00AM

I think Anderson is a much more technical striker and has a size advantage. Santiago would have to get at least 3 wins before he would fight Anderson since most of the casual UFC fans remember him being KO'd by Belcher and Leben.

GraMMA » Posted 1/13/08 11:46:00AM

I like Santiago but everyone knows his weakness is in the striking dept.If he gets by Stann i'll be very impressed.

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Posted by GraMMA

I like Santiago but everyone knows his weakness is in the striking dept.If he gets by Stann i'll be very impressed.

Santiago's a fairly good striker, even though he (and nobody else) is on Silva's level, at least at middleweight. His infamy is his weak chin. I also think he's aware that he shouldn't strike with Anderson Silva if he wants to win, on the very thin chance he ever gets that fight:

“Of course; nobody is unbeatable man, we know that,” replied Santiago when asked if he could defeat Silva. “With the right game plan, I think one advantage I have to my game is that I know how to mix it up. I’m not just a striker; I do jiu jitsu, wrestling. If somebody wants to come and just bang, it’s not something that I’m going to do. I’m going to chose what I want to do. We saw the fight against Chael Sonnen; everybody has their weaknesses, their bad day. I think I have a big chance.

I think Santiago will have some success in the UFC as the type of middleweight that hangs around right below the elite ranks.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Id pick Santiago over Marquardt, but definitely not Anderson Silva.

VILLIN » Posted 12/13/09 6:42:00AM

He'll be middle tier in the UFC, at best. Alot of hard hitters at MW that can and will turn his lights out.

[View Full Version of this Page]