MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
GSP vs. Shields...the odds (Shields shouldn't be counted out)   [View Full Version]
TS92turbo » Posted 2/18/11 4:46:00PM

Am I the only one who would like to see GSP lose, but at the same time, see him win? If GSP loses, Shields will be the most hated man in sports history. Oddsmakers have gone bonkers. Shields is in the top 10 P4P fighters. GSP is 1 or 2 in the count (1 if you are a GSP fan, 2 if you are a Silva fan), but Shields is only a couple down. I want to see Shields win. He's the underdog, and he's looking to upset the fans for the superfight. If GSP wins, we will get to see one of the greatest match ups of all time.

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA vs. GEORGES "RUSH" ST-PIERRE. FOR THE MIDDLEWEIGHT AND POUND FOR POUND CHAMPIONSHIP

Just saying this gives me chills. I think it is possible for Shields to win. Hendo didnt blow him out. I do not think this is going to be a usual GSP blowout. Its gonna be one hell of a fight.

PS. If you ask me, Silva beats GSP by KO.

(If GSP doesnt finish it, Anderson will)

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I think just cause his fight with kammpman he looked bad

If he would have finished him quick. The odds would have dropped a lot if shields could blitz gsp quick and drag him down. I think shields could sub him out

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I want to see GSP lose but I dont want to see Shields win. I dont see a Shields KO though.

I see a GSP/Fitch slash GSP/Koscheck beat down for Shields.

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I want to see GSP lose but I dont want to see Shields win. I dont see a Shields KO though.

I see a GSP/Fitch slash GSP/Koscheck beat down for Shields.

exactly. I think this is one of GSP's true tests. Thoughts on Silva/GSP?

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by TS92turbo

Thoughts on Silva/GSP?

GSP by takedown and remaining active in the guard, not a massive fan of either fighter, Got Silva down as P4P king as he's tested the waters at 2 weight classes. However I don't see how Silva could stop GSPs takedowns

Greg Jackson has Silva's number, he just hasn't had a chance since UFC 73, since then we know Silva's weaknesses, right now i'd have to say in my head I see Rashad Vs Silva more likely than GSP stepping up

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

The_Metal_Maniac » Posted 1/21/07 10:08:00PM

Shields has no chance, seriously... no chance.

Posted by jjeans

Posted by TS92turbo

Thoughts on Silva/GSP?

GSP by takedown and remaining active in the guard, not a massive fan of either fighter, Got Silva down as P4P king as he's tested the waters at 2 weight classes. However I don't see how Silva could stop GSPs takedowns

Greg Jackson has Silva's number, he just hasn't had a chance since UFC 73, since then we know Silva's weaknesses, right now i'd have to say in my head I see Rashad Vs Silva more likely than GSP stepping up

GSP said if he beats Jake Shields, he will move up or have a catchweight bout.

DatBme » Posted 2/23/11 1:28:00PM

Posted by TS92turbo

Posted by jjeans

Posted by TS92turbo

Thoughts on Silva/GSP?

Really? Catchweight between 170 and 185? That would be great for GSP, if Anderson is willing to come down some, but I don't think it's going to happen. I recall GSP saying if he does fight Silva, it will be a permanent move to middleweight.

Posted by DatBme

Posted by TS92turbo

Posted by jjeans

Posted by TS92turbo

Thoughts on Silva/GSP?

Really? Catchweight between 170 and 185? That would be great for GSP, if Anderson is willing to come down some, but I don't think it's going to happen. I recall GSP saying if he does fight Silva, it will be a permanent move to middleweight.

Yeah he said he currently walks around in the off season at around 195-200. Anderson is 220-225. GSP said before I move up to middleweight, I must gain more muscle mass. He would like to weigh 210-215 before the move. Catchweight would be a sick bout. I think GSP would be more used to fighting that way. Silva at 180 and GSP at 175? Not Bad.

Plus, there are some middleweights that are just Lesnar-Size for their division.

Copenhagen » Posted 4/16/07 12:41:00PM

I think Shields is very lucky he got a title fight without having to deal with Kos, Fitch, or Alves.

teddythetuna » Posted 1/16/07 5:06:00PM

I dont wanna see Shields win simply because i dont like the Ceasar Gracie camp. Lots of great fighters but I just get tired with the way some of the members conduct themselves. Plus i wanna see the fight between GSP/Silva.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by TS92turbo

Thoughts on Silva/GSP?

That's my thought as well, Rashad could be the new king at 185 someday soon.

MattHughesRules » Posted 1/24/07 7:05:00PM

I am not a massive GSP fan by any means but I do not want him to lose to Shields. Shields is top tier for sure but I think GSP is too good in all disciplines. In my opinion he will keep this on the feet and dominate the fight with pinpoint striking. Will he finish? I am inclined to think not but I would like to see it.

As for Anderson vs. GSP....I think it would be the biggest MMA fight of all time. I am of the opinion GSP could pull it off. he is a smart fighter and has seen the ticket to beating Silva. Put him on his back and keep him there. I think if he is able to put on some muscle he can use his wrestling to take advantage of the Spiders biggest weakness. Just my thoughts.

Posted by MattHughesRules

I am not a massive GSP fan by any means but I do not want him to lose to Shields. Shields is top tier for sure but I think GSP is too good in all disciplines. In my opinion he will keep this on the feet and dominate the fight with pinpoint striking. Will he finish? I am inclined to think not but I would like to see it.

As for Anderson vs. GSP....I think it would be the biggest MMA fight of all time. I am of the opinion GSP could pull it off. he is a smart fighter and has seen the ticket to beating Silva. Put him on his back and keep him there. I think if he is able to put on some muscle he can use his wrestling to take advantage of the Spiders biggest weakness. Just my thoughts.

I agree 100 and 0 Percent. GSP has the mind set for every fight. He is a very knowledgeable person when it comes to the octagon. I believe if GSP trys to stand up, he will make some good shots, but Anderson has the speed and Vitor didnt see that kick coming. No one did. I have to give it to Anderson by KO, but if they go the whole 5 rounds, GSP.

As for Shields, I want to see him pull this off. But, I dont. I want to see GSP/Silva actually happen. I think Shields can do it, but hes going to have to nonstop study, train and prepare. Both GSP/Shields and GSP/Silva are gonna be 2 great fights.

gearoid97 » Posted 12/13/10 1:38:00PM

it is possibul that shields can submit gsp but i cant i think he'll be getting straights to the face all day long standing and then he's gonna have to somehow get gsp to the ground and then submit.i just cant see him being able to do it

[View Full Version of this Page]