MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Paulo Thiago scratched from UFC on Versus 3, Johny Hendricks in limbo   [View Full Version]
grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

An undisclosed injury has forced welterweight Paulo Thiago (13-3, 3-3 UFC) to withdraw from a bout with Johny Hendricks (9-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC) at UFC on Versus 3.

A source close to the event told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Hendricks may get another opponent or be shifted to another card. Hendricks' camp, Team Takedown, also confirmed the news via Twitter.

UFC on Versus 3 takes place March 3 at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Ky., and its main card airs on Versus.

The news comes just six days after MMAjunkie.com reported that Thiago vs. Hendricks had verbally agreed to the bout, which was targeted for the event's preliminary card. UFC executives officially announced the fight a few days later...

Link

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Well, thankfully the card has plenty of good fights to go around, cuz I was really looking forward to this one.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

May be a blessing for thiago
Mike brown needs a opponent still

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

May be a blessing for thiago
Mike brown needs a opponent still

I'm guessing you meant Matt, and that might be a possibility.

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I hate to see Thiago injured. But, please, please, PLEASE replace him with Mike Swick! This will be a tough comeback fight for him, but I'd love to see him on the main card.

[View Full Version of this Page]