MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Tyron Woodley Believes He's No. 1 Contender and on Nick Diaz's Mind   [View Full Version]
pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Here's what we know is true about Tyron Woodley: he's 28 years old; he made his MMA debut two years ago; he's 8-0; and he just signed a new four-fight deal with Strikeforce.

Here's what Woodley would like you to know: he should be fighting for the Strikeforce welterweight title as soon as possible.

"I think I'm the No. 1 contender at this point," the American Top Team member said on Monday's episode of The MMA Hour. "I think, realistically, from the communication I got from Strikeforce, me and Tarec [Saffiedine] wasn't just an irrelevant fight. It meant something. It meant that we were fighting for either the No. 1 contendership spot or to bang heads with [Paul] Daley, and I'm more than willing to go against Daley to solidify that I'm the No. 1 contender and I deserve a title shot.

Article

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I doubt he is on Diaz's mind at all, Diaz is prolly like who is this guy?

Tyron is prolly no.2 contender behind Daley.

mattjonesy » Posted 5/22/07 7:05:00PM

If hes next in line for a title shot it just shows how shallow the division is imo. Hes a great fighter but I wouldnt say hes ready to take on the top guys yet.

RearNakedJoke » Posted 8/11/08 6:25:00PM

i understand its strikeforce but seriously?

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Hold on Diaz has problems with good wrestlers I wouldn't hate on Woodley thinking he has a shot

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Tyron really needs to get off the strikeforce challenger series
He should face daley for next shot

xburbx » Posted 6/21/07 5:17:00PM

ballsy

RhythmAndStyle » Posted 1/25/08 3:12:00PM

seems like alot of u are sleepin on Woodley..i think it would be a 50/50..given the problem Diaz has will wrestlers..n Woodley is a very strong fighter...

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

seems like alot of u are sleepin on Woodley..i think it would be a 50/50..given the problem Diaz has will wrestlers..n Woodley is a very strong fighter...

This.

Woodley would dominate Diaz with his wrestling. Then afterward, Woodley would go to the doctor/hospital to get checked out and Diaz would come start a fight with him.

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

BREAKING NEWS!!

Josh Webb aka BlueSkiesBurn believes that he is the best poster on MMAPlayground and that he's on the Mods' mind.

Athletes in general say this stuff all of the time. Chris Paul was on SportsCenter today and when asked who he thought was the best team in the NBA, not shockingly, he replied, "The New Orleans Hornets."

When asked how they were better than the San Antonio Spurs, whom they trail by 8 1/2 games, he replied "I'm biased, we're the best team in the league, we are also 2-2 against them on the season."

[View Full Version of this Page]