MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Fedor Emelianenko Will Not Win The Strikeforce HWGP Tournament   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

So says none other than Scott Coker...and if he's on it'll be a loss to a familiar face. "I believe that there are going to be some upsets in this tournament. On one side you'll have Alistair Overeem and he will fight (Josh) Barnett. The other prediction is, if Fabricio Werdum beats Alistair (Overeem), I believe Fabricio can beat Fedor (Emelianenko) again and he'll probably fight (Josh) Barnett. That's my prediction, but in these things you never know, I'm just throwing out some names. The reality is we're going to have a lot of fun watching it unfold."

Article

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

anyway you look at it...the strikeforce HW tourney is pretty sweet

BigIP » Posted 4/19/08 6:24:00PM

I keep thinking about the JDS knockout of Werdum and thinking there's no way he beats Overeem. I also don't see Fedor being able to beat Overeem. So I'm picking Overeem and I can also see Rodgers upseting Barnet. But who knows anything could happen. I'm just psyched for the tournament.

xburbx » Posted 6/21/07 5:17:00PM

yea. i like the fights regardless

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

Allistar Overrated

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

I think its either gonna be Fedor or Overeem, which is why they should have been on opposite ends of the brackets.

My heart says Fedor but dam Overeem has looked good lately.

BigCountryFedor » Posted 4/17/10 3:57:00PM

its just weird knowing that barnett will be in the finals

and i disagree with coker obviously

JoeWarren33 » Posted 4/27/09 4:41:00PM

To the Overeem haters, and ppl who don't give him the respect. Maybe after he wins this tourny he will get some love. Either way, he is better than any UFC HW.....ever....PERIOD!!!!!

RandyCouture » Posted 8/19/07 1:06:00PM

I'm rooting for allistar, but my gut says that this tourney will never see an end the way it should. Either somebody will get injured or there will be contract disputes or some kind of bs will happen leaving us all upset.

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

I am predicting a final of Overeem v Barnett, but one or both gets suspended in the US, so the tourney final will occur on a boat in international waters. (possibly the Scientology ship)

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

This tournament is rad sweet matchups all the way to the finals no matter how it goes I'll be happy if either Rogers, Fedor or Arlovski win it.

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

Did i hear that part of this tournament can take place outside of North America?

TimW001 » Posted 3/30/07 6:31:00PM

Bigfoot vs Sergei in final

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Posted by Hendo67

Did i hear that part of this tournament can take place outside of North America?

SF's in talks to have at least one of the tourney events in Japan.

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

Posted by DCRage

Posted by Hendo67

SF's in talks to have at least one of the tourney events in Japan.

Probably whatever one Barnett is on...

*cough cough*

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]