MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
You Can Thank Dominick Cruz For A Dominant Win By Matt Mitrione   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

That's basically what Mitrione said at the UFC FFTT 2 post-fight presser. "He's so elusive. He uses his athleticism to make everybody else have to change their game. I mean, Scotty Jorgensen is a tough, tough little fella and Dominick made him look like a child. You know what I mean, took him down at will, head strikes coming from every angle whatsoever, finised with beautiful leg kicks or head kicks, whatever it was. The way Dominick's gameplan is and the way that he makes everybody so uncomfortable with his movement because it's so herky-jerky and so unpredictable, then poof comes a right hand or left uppercut or whatever the hell is coming. I love the way he fights man. I respect it and I told him beforehand, 'this is, I'm going to try to fight like you.' Granted, like I said, I started out a little slower than I wanted to but I'm pretty damn athletic, the second most athletic heavyweight around. As a result, I need to make people fight my game."

Article

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Mitrione is growing on me

State_Champ » Posted 6/11/07 4:16:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Mitrione is growing on me

He has a strange charisma about him, I think.

tmas » Posted 6/15/07 2:09:00AM

dude is strangely goofy @ times like i am, sometimes i think douche sometimes i think haha cool and he is really improving im impressed.!

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

its funny how everyone talked so much smack on TUF and now he's 4-0 in the ufc. i like the guy. hes strange but he puts people away. i dont think he looked too much like cruz but he did have good movement for 260lbs.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

My early prediction was that he'd be a little better than Heath Herring, I think he could have even more potential than that if he can improve his wrestling because I'm fairly certain his stand-up is going to be near the top of the division in a couple of years, and he has great composure and that is his most impressive feature.

mattjonesy » Posted 5/22/07 7:05:00PM

Hated the guy on the show but hes also grown on me alot, I thought he would have 2 fights in the UFC tops but he has really shown how much he loves the sport. I would give him a chance against most of the heavyweight divison now!

Mitrione vs Kongo/ Barry next please!

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Posted by mattjonesy

Hated the guy on the show but hes also grown on me alot, I thought he would have 2 fights in the UFC tops but he has really shown how much he loves the sport. I would give him a chance against most of the heavyweight divison now!

Excuse me if i'm wrong but i thought Barry and Mitrione train with each other which makes Mitrione Barry a long shot
But i would love too see Kongo Vs Meathead

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

I've become a fan of Mitrione even though he kind of freaked me out on the show. I would also like to see him face Kongo, or Cro Cop even.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

Haha...an "elusive" Dominick Cruz is much different from an "elusive" Lyoto Machida, no doubt. I'm no Machida hater, but Dominick's fights aren't lacking action, that's for sure. An unexpected source of inspiration, coming from Matt Mitrione.

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Two of my favorite fighters are Mitrione and Cruz. Cruz has looked like a phenom at 135. Faber will be a big test for Cruz, assuming that fight happens at some point.

Kongo would be a huge test for Mitrione! I don't know if the odds would be in his favor on that one, but he has gotten better with every fight.

mattjonesy » Posted 5/22/07 7:05:00PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by mattjonesy

Excuse me if i'm wrong but i thought Barry and Mitrione train with each other which makes Mitrione Barry a long shot

Yeh ure right mate but i would still like to see that fight. Thinking about it now I wouldnt mind seeing Barry/Struve got a bit of a freak show feel to it! Mitrione/Struve would be great to.

EDIT - forgot Struve is fighting Browne

pmoney » Posted 10/13/10 10:40:00PM

Posted by mattjonesy

Posted by jjeans

Posted by mattjonesy

Yeh ure right mate but i would still like to see that fight. Thinking about it now I wouldnt mind seeing Barry/Struve got a bit of a freak show feel to it! Mitrione/Struve would be great to.

EDIT - forgot Struve is fighting Browne

I actually just read an article saying Mitrione is down to fight Pat Barry, and another article saying that match should be made.

#1 I think those writers were misinformed
#2 At this rate, I feel Mitrione would destroy Barry. I thought Pat was supposed to be this bad ass kick boxer, yet I thought he looked terribly unimpressive against Beltran.

I'd take Mitrione all day in that fight

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

I think Pat's inability to KO Beltran has more to do with Beltran's heart and chin, than any lack of strikinng ability on his part.

[View Full Version of this Page]