MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Strikeforce's Diaz still eyes fight with "Mayhem," but money – not weight – must be right   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz (23-7 MMA, 4-0 SF) says he's more than happy to fight Jason "Mayhem" Miller (24-7 MMA, 1-1 SF) at 185 pounds. In fact, he'll fight at 155 pounds. Hell, he'll probably even fight at heavyweight.

But if he strays from his natural weight class, there's one requirement that must be met.

He's gotta get paid.

LINK

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Raise your hand if this shocks you in the slightest.

In the end, for most professional athletes, it's all about the money. I remember when Damon wrote his book while he was with the Red Sox explicitly stating that he would NEVER wear the pinstripes and that he'd rather die (I'm paraphrasing it was something along those lines) and the first team he signs with is the Yankees. Why? Because the money was right.

Bloodhound » Posted 5/27/08 1:50:00PM

dont be scared homie

BigBadAl » Posted 6/18/09 8:26:00AM

Oh so it's the money now all of a sudden

hate4thestate » Posted 9/4/09 12:12:00AM

Nick Diaz took time out of his personal life to hype this fight lol. I think he should be compensated a little.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i think mayhem would win. i like any fight were theres going to be a diaz probably losing.

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

i think mayhem would win. i like any fight were theres going to be a diaz probably losing.

co-signed

landstander » Posted 6/4/07 7:47:00AM

Strikeforce has a lot of money tied up in their HW tournament atm and even though this is a high profile and promotable fight, they need to promote the HW gran prix with everything they have.

Bad timing on the part of mayhem and diaz as they could easily have gotten the money they wanted at any other time.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

"I'm over here driving a [expletive] Honda because my [expletive] is breaking down. [Expletive] all you mother[expletive]!"

If he gets paid I think the precedent is now set for what future fighters need to say to get paid.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Posted by Kpro

"I'm over here driving a [expletive] Honda because my [expletive] is breaking down. [Expletive] all you mother[expletive]!"

If he gets paid I think the precedent is now set for what future fighters need to say to get paid.

You almost made me spit tea all over my screen.

[View Full Version of this Page]