MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > MMA Training
Any Tips on getting blood out of a Gi?   [View Full Version]
Taylor8766 » Posted 6/24/07 5:32:00PM

Hey I was just wondering if any of you guys have gotten blood on a white gi, and whats the best way to get it out? So far I have been using clorox to get it out but I think its gunna wreck the gi, any other ways that you guys use.

Bowen50 » Posted 6/21/07 12:42:00PM

i usually use detergent with color safe bleach in it. it gets rid of the blood and it'll help preserve the color on any patches you have on your gi.

papercut » Posted 3/3/07 4:18:00PM

I use a special stain detergent that I found at the store. its called "stain devils" made specifically for blood, rust, and milk. (pretty random combo of stains) but use it with a little hydrogen peroxide on a q-tip and apply directly to the stain but only to the stain otherwise it will turn a white gi yellow.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

The power of Oxiclean.

haha I had to do it.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

hydrogen peroxide works really good.

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Posted by papercut

I use a special stain detergent that I found at the store. its called "stain devils" made specifically for blood, rust, and milk. (pretty random combo of stains) but use it with a little hydrogen peroxide on a q-tip and apply directly to the stain but only to the stain otherwise it will turn a white gi yellow.

This is your best advice. I have a White USC Gameday Matt Barkley jersey that I got from the man himself and **** gets on it all the time. I use this exact technique. Works every time.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Ammonia works...and you don't have to worry about anything turning yellow.

[View Full Version of this Page]