MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
474 pound Rulon Gardner to appear on The Biggest Loser 11   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Rulon Gardner, the former Olympian wrestler, and one time Pride fighter, will appear in the next season of "The Biggest Loser." Gardner and friend Justin Pope, who co-own Rulon Gardner Elite Training Center, will attempt to lose weight together.

In the show, which just finished its 10th season Tuesday, contestants fight to lose the most weight.

"I'm excited to see how far he can go, and cheer him on," said Kamie Gardner, his wife. "A friend talked to him about it, and an NBC representative contacted him and asked him if he wanted to do it, and he said he did."

LINK

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

474??? I'm interested in seeing pics, it doesn't seem that long ago that he fought Yoshida although I guess it has been.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

474??? I'm interested in seeing pics, it doesn't seem that long ago that he fought Yoshida although I guess it has been.

I was rather disappointed that he never fought again after that. I was so filled with American Pride(pun intended).

Can't see the link because of accolades...keep gloating Fleek.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by gartface

Can't see the link because of accolades...keep gloating Fleek.

Fixed.

And yeah...it's hard to believe he fought in PRIDE over 5 years ago. Time flies.

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

Lesnar vs Rulon would be good , if Rulon could ever get down to 265.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Lesnar vs Rulon would be good , if Rulon could ever get down to 265.

I don't think Lesnar would be a good contestant for the Biggest Loser. I mean sure he could probably cut weight a few episodes, but in the long run he's not going to win the thing.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

I'm sure he has the work ethic to win the show, but I'm not sure he has the genes to do so.

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Gina Carano is also rumored to be a coach on the show.

Link

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Link

How ironic would that be?

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Link

How ironic would that be?

lololololol

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

This should be pretty interesting. I watch this show all of the time. I would imagine someone like Rulon would be able to absolutely tear through that fat. The question would be how low can he actually go, because most of the people who make it to the end are the people with smaller frames, and when Rulon's in shape he's still going to be well over 200 pounds.

He should have the muscle mass and work ethic to just murder it in the gym at least for the first half of the season or so I would guess, considering most of the contestants on this show are people who have never set foot in a gym in their lives.

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Posted by Aether

This should be pretty interesting. I watch this show all of the time. I would imagine someone like Rulon would be able to absolutely tear through that fat. The question would be how low can he actually go, because most of the people who make it to the end are the people with smaller frames, and when Rulon's in shape he's still going to be well over 200 pounds.

He should have the muscle mass and work ethic to just murder it in the gym at least for the first half of the season or so I would guess, considering most of the contestants on this show are people who have never set foot in a gym in their lives.

The show isn't about how much you lose, it's about the percentage relative to your frame. I mean, yes, they do count pounds, but they always show a percentage to illustrate their proper BMI.

The show would be absurdly impossible if they expected Rulon to lose as much weight and remain healthy as a 5'10 400 lb man. He couldn't do it. They account for your concerns.

My friend was a finalist for the show's selection, they explained everything to him prior to their decision making.

[View Full Version of this Page]