MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Thiago Silva or Brandon Vera will be cut by UFC if they lose!!!!   [View Full Version]
Taylor8766 » Posted 6/24/07 5:32:00PM

Just wanted to point this out as it will most likely happen to the lose of this fight. Especially with some of the ufc cuts that are imo questionable. But yeah loser gets cut, anyone else thinking the same thing.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

I don't believe so, especially not Silva. He is 14-2, with his only losses coming way of former champions. Vera would be a possibility, but as long as he brings it, I think he may even get another shot as well. Not to mention, both are big names in probably the most popular weight class in the sport.

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

Dont state this as a fact as it's not. Personally I feel Vera is gone with a loss but not Thiago.

sbulldavid » Posted 3/8/08 5:44:00PM

I think that Vera is on his last leg, but I think he stays if he puts on a great fight. Thiago should be okay I would think that he'll be okay unless he loses a boring fight to Vera, and though unlikely it's possible, Vera has a way of putting on a shitty fight.

d1rtyyyynacho » Posted 11/6/09 1:43:00PM

I dont think any will be cut unless one loses in a spectacular fashion. They are both coming off 2 losses but those losses are against some of the best UFC fighters. Silva has lost to Machida and Evans, and Vera has lost to Couture and Jones.

Drudinh » Posted 12/17/07 6:19:00PM

I wouldn't think so for the same reasons listed above plus they are the main event.

Biggz » Posted 9/2/07 1:09:00PM

Posted by Drudinh

I wouldn't think so for the same reasons listed above plus they are the main event.

Co-Main Event. Frankie vs Maynard is the Main Event

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by Wallass

Dont state this as a fact as it's not. Personally I feel Vera is gone with a loss but not Thiago.

That's what I'm thinking as well.

TheGodfather1024 » Posted 4/12/09 2:44:00PM

i wouldn doubt it and that sucks....both fighters are contenders

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i could see it happening. i havent been impressed with either of them and with the WEC merger happening its far more likely than before.

[View Full Version of this Page]