MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Gabe Ruediger Vs. Paul Taylor Agreed For UFC 127 In Australia   [View Full Version]
FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

Gabe Ruediger was hoping to fight a Brit for his next fight in the UFC, but it won’t be the Englishman he was originally gunning for. Ruediger has instead drawn Paul Taylor in a lightweight fight set for UFC 127 in Australia on Feb. 27, 2011.

The contest was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by sources close to the fight on Monday, with bout agreements issued for the February showdown.

Ruediger was originally set to return to action at UFC 123 in Detroit, but an injury forced him off the card, and he never got a chance to face British fighter Paul Kelly. The two had engaged in a war of words prior to the fight, and Ruediger had expressed his desire to face Kelly when healthy again.

LINK

FastKnockout » Posted 9/24/10 8:39:00PM

I was reading the comments on this announcement over at MMAJunkie and it's just ridiculous. It's obvious none of them have watched Taylor. Most of his losses have came with the FOTN award and he's one of those fighters that brings it every time he steps into the cage. It's just funny how the fans complain about "point" fighters one minute and then turn around and spit on fighters like Taylor just because he doesn't have a winning record. Besides, I honestly think Taylor won his last fight against Stout.

As for as this fight goes, I have Taylor winning by 30-27 decision.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I hope Taylor destroys Gabe.

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

Just for the sake of wanting him to get a UFC win I am pulling for gabe, but my pick is going to be Taylor. Taylor is better standing up then Gabe and probably has a better gas tank, I expect Taylor to pull of a UD win.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Taylor got too much speed and combos
He will finish this fight

Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Junkie is reporting it for 126 in Vegas instead.

[View Full Version of this Page]