MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Mike Swick Hoping For "Quick" Recovery From Throat Procedure   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

It turns out that the stomach disorder that caused him to drop to Welterweight from Middleweight was actually a misdiagnosis, but he's hoping for the best and says worst-case is his next fight could be his last depending on how recovery goes. "It's hard to tell yet how effective it was. It's getting better, and I can already tell it's better than it was before, but I have to wait for the swelling to go down so I can see how much back to normal my throat really is. ... I've fought like this for the last four years, so I know I'm able to. It just comes down to, how healthy am I going to be able to get? Am I going to be 100%? Hopefully. But even if not, I can already tell I'm going to be better. Worst case, if it doesn't get any better and the medicine isn't helping at all, that fight [against Mitchell] might be determining whether I can even fight anymore. But I don't see that being an issue. After my last fight, that's what I was scared of. I actually had the thought that I wouldn't fight again. Being able to get this chance again, it's kind of like a rebirth."

Article

[View Full Version of this Page]