MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Roy Nelson's Feelings Are Hurt After Being Pulled From UFC 125   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

And he wants people to know he's not happy about it. "I think my feelings were a little hurt. I was hoping they could find somebody to replace [Carwin]. This is one of the biggest cards of the year, and I was in the co-main event, and I was really trying to make sure my knee was better. The UFC really pushed me hard to get through with my rehab so I could fight on this card. My doctors said I shouldn't fight again until February or March, but I stepped up because the UFC wanted me to. I stepped up for the UFC, and I hoped they would do the same for me. The thing is nobody wants to fight a fat guy like me. Cro Cop is a legend in this sport, and I would've loved to have fought him. I'd like to fight [Antonio Rodrigo] Nogueira for the same reason. I'd love to fight [Alistair] Overeem, Brock Lesnar or The Undertaker. [UFC President] Dana White asks people, 'So, you want to be a f---ing fighter?' I love to fight. I'm one of those guys."

Article

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Hopefully they put him on a card that is soon after 125, dont have a clue who they might match him up against. I wonder if they even tried to him a replacement opponent.

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Even Pat Barry woulda been better than pulling him

Dirty Blue

snakeplissken » Posted 2/17/07 4:55:00PM

Or maybe they are not risking him as his doctors have requested? If he shouldn't fight until Feb or March, then they should do this, they don't need another fighter on the crock list.

BMF » Posted 1/15/07 11:05:00AM

I see this as a blessing. It is the holiday season, now Roy can eat as much as he want.

finnish_line » Posted 8/16/07 8:54:00AM

The January 1 show is just fine.

Champ Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard
Champ Jose Aldo vs. Josh Grispi
Takanori Gomi vs. Clay Guida
Chris Leben vs. Brian Stann
Nate Diaz vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Thiago Silva vs. Brandon Vera

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by BMF

I see this as a blessing. It is the holiday season, now Roy can eat as much as he want.

I'm pretty sure he does that anyway.

BustedKnuckle » Posted 9/2/09 5:48:00PM

i can see where Roy is coming from. He was going to be in the Co-Headliner and now he gets puled!!!!??? Joe Silva couldn't find any decent HW fighter to fight Big Country? I dont get it???

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

Roy is one crazy SOB. I love watching him fight. He just keeps plodding ahead, mullet and all. dos Santos was pounding him and Big Country just kept a comin'. Hopefully we will see him again soon.

[View Full Version of this Page]