MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
WEC/UFC Merger announced   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by gartface

For you Cowcatcher
MikeChiappetta :
Dana: We’re maxed out on pay-per-view. If anything, if we add more events, it’s more free fights.

thats good news, they just cant air more than 4 on VS. thank you sir.

EDIT: they can only air 4 events anywhere but spike as of now, not just on VS.

D0wnUnd6e6r » Posted 9/13/07 5:12:00PM

2 words, DANCING BANANAS

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by gartface

For you Cowcatcher
MikeChiappetta :
Dana: We’re maxed out on pay-per-view. If anything, if we add more events, it’s more free fights.

Yeah, I'm sure Spike has no problem canceling a few CSI or 1000 Ways to Die marathons to put a UFC card on.

Posted by cowcatcher

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by gartface

For you Cowcatcher
MikeChiappetta :

Yeah, I'm sure Spike has no problem canceling a few CSI or 1000 Ways to Die marathons to put a UFC card on.

LOL I can't stand CSI and that gap toothed broad they're always trying to pass off as hot

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by gartface

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by gartface

For you Cowcatcher
MikeChiappetta :

LOL I can't stand CSI and that gap toothed broad they're always trying to pass off as hot

She gives me, what us perverts like to refer to as, an inny.

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Posted by gartface

Absolutely fantastic news! I get kind of giddy picturing Aldo and friends under the UFC banner.

That's the first thing that popped into my head

And in my pants for that matter

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Posted by kopower

Posted by gartface

Absolutely fantastic news! I get kind of giddy picturing Aldo and friends under the UFC banner.

That's the first thing that popped into my head

And in my pants for that matter

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but my underpants got really tight on me for some reason.

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

Sounds good.

I hope my favorite UFC WEC fighters , fight more

but I have a feeling there will be more fighters and less fights per year.

I also hope this UFC network is free cableor broadcastg. I don't wanna have to pay for another cable channel

Posted by gartface

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by gartface

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by gartface

For you Cowcatcher
MikeChiappetta :

we call it doubling your belly button output around here.

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

At last!

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by gartface

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by gartface

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by gartface

For you Cowcatcher
MikeChiappetta :

we call it doubling your belly button output around here.

Fantastic! The girl from NCIS doesn't do it for me either, or does it for me if you mean "doubling my belly button output."

DevonFoxy » Posted 6/27/07 1:57:00PM

This is really a move that will shake the MMA world up quite a bit. Most smaller 155er's will want to drop to 145 now based on the idea that they don't have to go to the "minor leagues" and I think that will result in a lot of changes.

I'm very excited about this and think it's a very smart move. Sadly I do think the roster will in fact be trimmed up and result in overall hurt for lesser fighters but I think the rosters are ridiculously crowded with guys that don't belong in the UFC as is.

I also hope that it leads to the lesser guys getting paid a little bit more than they have been in the WEC. I mean guys like Benevides, Cruz, Pettis all should be getting great money boosts soon so this really is a win win for fighters and UFC alike. Should be interesting how they deal with all the talent they will now have and this is just one more step for the UFC. Huge news to say the least and the UFC cards just got even more stacked with great talent. It's a perfect way for the UFC to get casual fans to buy into the smaller guys by introducing them on cards with big names and then seeing if they can draw by themselves as main eventers so we don't have cards Main Evented by Franklin vs Okami again or something.

All in all This Is Awesome!

AchillesHeel » Posted 2/3/07 10:04:00AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

This is really a move that will shake the MMA world up quite a bit. Most smaller 155er's will want to drop to 145 now based on the idea that they don't have to go to the "minor leagues" and I think that will result in a lot of changes.

I agree. The 'casual' fans will give the smaller guys their due now too. I'm also thinking we could see some more Japanese fighters in the UFC now. Yamamoto, Imanari, Takaya, Omigawa, Hioki, Kanehara...

All in all, I give this news a

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

[View Full Version of this Page]