MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
What Happens To Cain Velasquez If Brock Lesnar Doesn't Get Tired?   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

According to AKA head Javier Mendez, Cain just needs to execute their game plan no matter what. "[Brock] went three rounds with Heath Herring and was fine. We expect this is going five rounds, and we expect him to be there all five rounds. If you go in with the idea he’s going to get tired, what happens if he doesn’t? Cain is more skilled than Brock Lesnar at every aspect of the game. But can that overcome the size and strength? That’s the big question. If they execute their game plan and we don’t, they win. I think I know what their game plan is, and it’s a good one. But if they execute their game plan and we execute our game plan, we win. If it goes to a decision, we’re winning the decision."

Article

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Cain's definitely got the cardio to hang with a much bigger guy for 25 minutes once this fight hits the championship rounds. He's done it before!

Wait...no he hasn't.

Brock derails another hype train.

jlock003 » Posted 9/18/07 5:33:00PM

I can see Cain nickle and diming Brock out in the fight, but I expect Brock to hurt Cain early and put him away. I know the guy has only been rocked legitamately once in the Kongo fight and I know he came back and beat Kongo badly, but I don't see Brock getting rocked by Cain. For all the Cain nuthuggers I'll go ahead and say now that yes the shot he landed on Nog was devistating, but outside of that hit his KO/TKO wins have been lackluster and often controversial stoppages. I'm sticking with Lesnar in this fight, but again I do think that Cain has the technique and gas to push Brock for five rounds and decision him. I also think that this fight has the potential to be a huge let down and be boring as all get out. I don't expect it, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Brock shooting in and getting stuffed, Cain throwing two or three off of the sprawl and litterally winning the fight by doing that for 25 minutes. I guess we'll all know on Saturday.

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

Cain has spent less time in the Octagon than Lesnar has.

Its a dangerous gameplan to go in with the hope that your opponent will not be prepared. If thats his only plan this will be an ugly loss.

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Posted by FlashyG

Cain Velasquez has spent 11 rounds in the octagon. Brock has spent 10.

Time-wise Cain has spent 35:04 Brock has spent 38:44

Just an FYI

I forgot to carry the one on Brock's time. It's sort of a wash. Cain has had one more round, but Brock has had 3:40 more.

scpd400 » Posted 10/28/07 9:57:00PM

Cain by KO in the 2nd

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by FlashyG

Incorrect.

Cain Velasquez has spent 11 rounds in the octagon. Brock has spent 10.

Time-wise Cain has spent 35:06 Brock has spent 28:44

Just an FYI

Brock has spent 37:43 in the octagon.

I forgot to carry the one, but I came out with 38:44 after re-checking my math.

1:30
15:00
8:07
6:48
7:19

I edited my above post, too. This time I used a calculator that adds up time. They need to make more of those, btw. Time is a tricky thing to add.

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Actually, we're both wrong.

BROCK: 39 minutes and 53 seconds
CAIN: 41 minutes and 2 seconds

Unless THIS time calculator is wrong or I've been getting into cowcatcher's stash of pain meds.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Cain's definitely got the cardio to hang with a much bigger guy for 25 minutes once this fight hits the championship rounds. He's done it before!

Wait...no he hasn't.

Brock derails another hype train.

I hope so...

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Actually, we're both wrong.

BROCK: 39 minutes and 53 seconds
CAIN: 41 minutes and 2 seconds

Unless THIS time calculator is wrong or I've been getting into cowcatcher's stash of pain meds.

TheCatFather » Posted 3/1/07 12:36:00AM

I like the hype but I've seen it all before and its going to be Brock with his hand and belt raised in the end.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Simple breakdown

Both have cardio, for 25 mins I would give edge to cain
Wrestling both are good. Brock is bigger. Edge brock
Bjj. Gotta go with brock.
Hands. Both hit hard. Edge goes to cain.

Brock is bigger, stronger,
Cain is quicker, will throw 4 punches to brocks 2 ratio
Both have suspect chins. Still can't get over kongo nailing cain twice
Brock with shane. But cain is no shane carwin in power!!!

Very very hard pick for me. Will finalize it sat right before the drive up to LA

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Cain outworks Lesnar from the opening bell and scores a stoppage before the championship rounds.

Posted by prozacnation1978

Simple breakdown

Both have cardio, for 25 mins I would give edge to cain
Wrestling both are good. Brock is bigger. Edge brock
Bjj. Gotta go with brock.
Hands. Both hit hard. Edge goes to cain.

Brock is bigger, stronger,
Cain is quicker, will throw 4 punches to brocks 2 ratio
Both have suspect chins. Still can't get over kongo nailing cain twice
Brock with shane. But cain is no shane carwin in power!!!

Very very hard pick for me. Will finalize it sat right before the drive up to LA

Okay, so neither fighter has ever been KO'd or even TKO'd. At this point, how can you call their chins "suspect"? Because they got rocked? Well, they also won their respective fights. If anything, they both have heart. Until they get KO'd or TKO'd, I don't think you can say they have suspect chins. If they do, every fighter in MMA who has yet to be KO'd or TKO'd has a suspect chin.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]