MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Where Are They Now?   [View Full Version]
gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

So, the idea behind this is for everyone to list their favorite UFC outcast, or a forgotten fighter, and explain where they're at. Are they winning fights? Do they deserve a shot at the big time again? Just comes from me always looking up former TUF members on Sherdog to see if they've done anything since they got kicked from the UFC.

I discussed someone with Fleek earlier today, Jordan Radev. The guy is 12-1 since being cut from the UFC, and even has a TKO victory over Alexander Shlemenko. Would not mind seeing him make a comeback.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I thought there was a thread about former TUF members, but idk too lazy too look it up.

seanfu » Posted 11/4/07 10:24:00AM

Jordan Radev on paper was one of the best prospects except when he actually got to the UFC he got knocked out. He hasn't fought much of anyone but would look good for a comeback. One of my favorite prospects for a time.

I think I was pissed when Riggs left. I wanted to see how Corey Hill would do.

I missed Sobral a lot when he was cut for doing what BJ did right after him. I was sad Monson couldn't stick around, I think both of the season 8 LW finalists have been cut, both of them could be P4P top guys someday I think.

Also, even though I knew they weren't going places, Dean Lister, Rory Mcdonald, Rob Mcdonald, and Jessie Forbes were all sad to see go bye bye.

Yeah Radev hasn't really fought great competition, but at middleweight, there isn't too much competition outside of the major organizations. He does have that victory over Shlemenko that really stands out.

Babalu...yeah I was pretty sad to see him go, and I'd love to see him back in the mix. I'm curious as to how long his Strikeforce contract is. Cory Hill and Efrain I'm sure will be back eventually. Cory is still recovering, but fighting in the process. He took it to a decision with Razor Rob, which for someone of his experience, is pretty outstanding.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

I always wanted to see Leben fight Bobby Southworth. I'm not sure where they stand with each other today, but it would be interesting to watch a fight between the two if there are still hard feelings. Hell, even if there aren't. I'm always down to see Southworth get dealt with.

The great, majestic Marlon Sims is another fighter I've found myself wondering about. He was definitely "That Guy" and I would jump at the opportunity to see him get KO'd.

John Kolosci - I liked him quite a bit on TUF. He's got a hot wife. He's from Indiana. I *have* to root for him. I know he recently fought (and lost) in Strikeforce but has basically bounced around the regional/local circuits since his time on TUF. He did beat a UFC vet recently in Luigi Fioravanti, for what it's worth.

Jared Rollins...hasn't fought since the TUF finale fight he had with War Machine. Actually, now that I think about it, I'd like to see a "TUF: Where Are They Now?" special.

Alex Karalexis...don't ask my why, but I always found myself rooting for the guy.

And Babalu...always been a fan. I'm hoping he comes back to the UFC soon.

Dan Lauzon...again, I really don't know why I root for the kid other than being a big fan of his brother's. He's only 22 so hopefully he gets in to a good camp and remains dedicated.

Kolosci is definitely a guy that popped into my head too.

I didn't really think about fighters I wanted to see back to get beat up...interesting.

KingCmb » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

wess sims just because he may be the funniest person alive

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I think if lil timmy wins again he deserves to come back to ufc

Don't know why the cut jake rosholt
Still puzzles me

The barncat another one

Bobby southworth another

Probably babulu should come back

FlashyG » Posted 2/13/08 10:33:00AM

What ever happened to Nate Loughran.

He was an up and coming prospect who had his undefeated streak busted by Tim Credeur then hasn't fought since.

Did he retire? I thought he was just getting a little more experience and jumping back into the UFC again.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by FlashyG

He was an up and coming prospect who had his undefeated streak busted by Tim Credeur then hasn't fought since.

Did he retire? I thought he was just getting a little more experience and jumping back into the UFC again.

This is all I found (from Wiki)...

After his loss toTim Credeur he asked to be released from the UFC. He was cut from the UFC and is now trying to cut down to the Welterweight division but he hasn't fought since then.

Posted by emfleek

Posted by FlashyG

This is all I found (from Wiki)...

After his loss toTim Credeur he asked to be released from the UFC. He was cut from the UFC and is now trying to cut down to the Welterweight division but he hasn't fought since then.

That's crazy he asked for his release.

GhostofaWarrior » Posted 10/28/10 6:43:00PM

Dan Severn. I guess he retired but damn i miss watching him fight

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

Posted by GhostofaWarrior

Dan Severn. I guess he retired but damn i miss watching him fight

he hasnt retired man, he still fights all the damn time, in fact he fought 3 times this year. he is the energizer bunny.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

I was always a fan of Rich "No Love" Clementi. His career since he left the UFC has been much like his UFC career- up and down. (5-3) I always thought they should have sent him to the WEC as I feel style wise he would have made for some interesting fights there. Plus, the dude could get into some smack wars.

Another fighter I was a big fan of was Drew McFedries. I guess he's retired or something since he last fought. He was an emotional fighter who was either going to KTFO someone or get KTFO'd/Sub'd ... exciting fighter to watch IMO

babalu46 » Posted 1/20/09 12:59:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

I was always a fan of Rich "No Love" Clementi. His career since he left the UFC has been much like his UFC career- up and down. (5-3) I always thought they should have sent him to the WEC as I feel style wise he would have made for some interesting fights there. Plus, the dude could get into some smack wars.

Another fighter I was a big fan of was Drew McFedries. I guess he's retired or something since he last fought. He was an emotional fighter who was either going to KTFO someone or get KTFO'd/Sub'd ... exciting fighter to watch IMO

Well last i heard McFedries had to pull out of his fight with Joey Villasenor in September i think but he hasn't retired.

[View Full Version of this Page]