MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
WWE's David Bautista Wants Multi-Fight SF Deal, Early 2011 Debut   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Former pro wrestler David Bautista (known as Batista in WWE) is still very much interested in fighting in mixed martial arts. The heavyweight took in this past Saturday's "Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Noons II" event in support of MMA mentor Nick Diaz and said that talks with the San Jose, Calif.-based promotion are ongoing, though a deal is "not even close to done." If all goes well, however, Bautista hopes to be in the Strikeforce cage by March 2011. As for fighting in a cage for real, the entertainer said he needs between eight and 10 weeks to prepare for a fight and is ready to begin training full-time in January 2011 after he fulfills his obligations to a pair of movie projects. Other than that, he said, it's about reaching an agreement with Strikeforce on money and the number of fights on his contract. "My thing is I want to do a multi-fight deal," he said. "I want to have a guarantee of at least three fights. I want a tune-up fight, I want a big fight, and I want a pay-per-view fight."

Article

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I say they'll give him a low level fighter for his first fight and build him up.
But I think if they really wanted to make a bang with Batista they should put him up against a guy like Hershal Walker right out of the gate.
Both are green,yet carry enough weight behind their names to generate interest in the fight. .......................Though it may be a snoozefest.

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Batista vs Hershel works for me ^^^^^^

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

If they can re-sign Lashley that fight seems inevitable, but Lashley's loss doesn't make it that big PPV fight.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

I have no desire to see this guy fight. I sure as hell wouldn't want it to occupy a televised slot on a PPV event, either.

Wand_is_GOD » Posted 1/28/10 6:13:00AM

who is next Triple H ?

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Damn I heard an interview the other day that said he was only going to focus on Pro Wrestling and not MMA. And that is the way it should be.

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

He's technically not WWE's Dave Bautista anymore.

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

batista isnt worth the paper money is printed on

[View Full Version of this Page]