MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Shane Carwin vs Roy Nelson targeted for UFC 125   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

http://www.showdown.ca/?p=1353

It appears a heavyweight bout between Shane Carwin and Roy “Big Country” Nelson is being targeted for UFC 125, on January 01st, 2011.

Sources close to the bout have informed Sportsnet that the two heavyweights will lock horns on the main card of the UFC’s first show of the New Year.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

WAR BIG COUNTRY!

Bowen50 » Posted 6/21/07 12:42:00PM

Posted by gartface

WAR BIG COUNTRY!

DITTO *takes shirt off does belly rub*

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by gartface

WAR BIG COUNTRY!

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

When I first read this I thought "oh man big country is getting fed to the lions again", but if he can survive Carwins onslaught as well as he did JDS's and Carwins cardio is as mediacore as it was against Lesnar (which I doubt it will be), BC could potentially sweep this fight.

Posted by mrsmiley

When I first read this I thought "oh man big country is getting fed to the lions again", but if he can survive Carwins onslaught as well as he did JDS's and Carwins cardio is as mediacore as it was against Lesnar (which I doubt it will be), BC could potentially sweep this fight.

I feel the same way. Lesnar submitted a tired Carwin, I can only imagine Nelson would do the same.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

This is some hilarious stuff. When Nelson was on TUF I was spending every day on the boards defending him and saying he's a good dude and great fighter. I remember I had a Roy Nelson belly rub avatar and everyone was hating on it. Now all of the sudden there's a majority of Nelson fans. I'm not saying everyone in here is a fair weather fan but I think we can all agree MMA fans are as fickle as can be

Shane Carwin will more than likely absolutely smash Nelson, though. Nelson has a propensity for getting hit and Carwin's hands aren't the ones you want to test your chin on

Posted by Jackelope

This is some hilarious stuff. When Nelson was on TUF I was spending every day on the boards defending him and saying he's a good dude and great fighter. I remember I had a Roy Nelson belly rub avatar and everyone was hating on it. Now all of the sudden there's a majority of Nelson fans. I'm not saying everyone in here is a fair weather fan but I think we can all agree MMA fans are as fickle as can be

Shane Carwin will more than likely absolutely smash Nelson, though. Nelson has a propensity for getting hit and Carwin's hands aren't the ones you want to test your chin on

I've been a fan of his since the Arrlovski fight, and still contest BS on that fight.

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

I'm not a Nelson fan, but I do want him to beat Shane.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

I'm not a fan of either fighter, but I'm expecting fireworks and I'm always down with that. I don't care who wins!

Wand_is_GOD » Posted 1/28/10 6:13:00AM

I hope Carwin knocks Nelson's teeth in

BelXavier420 » Posted 11/22/08 5:34:00AM

Posted by Jackelope

I can't say I hated on him before, but I definitely did not think he would win that show. Roy proved himself to be a excellent addition to the UFC, and has put on good performances when being counted out (in my book). I hope Roy pulls out the upset, I am not sure how he will avoid the ko though.

AchillesHeel » Posted 2/3/07 10:04:00AM

As soon as I heard Nelson was on the show, I knew he'd probably win it. As for Carwin, I'm interested to see if he changes his game-plan at all. Nelson has a gas tank, and he's not afraid to use it.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Good heavyweight showdown

BeeR » Posted 6/28/09 1:36:00PM

nelson has twice the cardio carwin does,
Big Country withstands the storm and submits Carwin!

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]