MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Paul Daley vs. Scott Smith Official for 12/4 Strikeforce Event   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

In a matchup with fireworks written all over it, kickboxer Paul Daley will take on slugger Scott Smith on Dec. 4 at Strikeforce: Henderson vs. Babalu in St. Louis.

First reported as in the works by CSNCalifornia.com, MMAFighting.com on Tuesday received confirmation from Strikeforce that the welterweight bout is set to go.

A crowd-pleasing fighter known for a trio of incredible come-from-behind wins, Smith (17-7) will be dropping down to welterweight after fighting the majority of his career at middleweight. Smith is 3-2 with the Strikeforce organization and is coming off a TKO loss to Cung Le in June.

LINK

AfroSamuraiTHEBEAST » Posted 9/13/10 7:40:00PM

Damn thats a pretty good fight! Terrible match up for Smith though since an even more devastating versatile striker gets to pick him apart.

PABLOMAFIOSO » Posted 6/24/07 12:50:00PM

I predict a KO. This is just the sort of fight Daley needs to keep him on track, with a brawler like Smith I can see it being a short fight.
Daley via much needed KO

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

I hope Smith is training purely in wrestling. This fight will look like Gatti/Mayweather if Smith tries to stand.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Smith via GnP TKO.

Bloodhound » Posted 5/27/08 1:50:00PM

should be a real entertaining fight, Scott Smith can win if he chooses to wrestle but he wont so Daley will probably win by T.KO or Decision

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Fireworks

jjeans » Posted 9/2/09 6:06:00AM

Koscheck Vs Daley showed one thing, Daleys takedown defense isnt the weakest thing in his arsenal, and that was against Josh Koscheck, i predict a very timid Scott Smith getting finished

Dirty Blue

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Looking forward to this fight. I don't see Smith trying to take it to the ground. He'll more than likely stand and trade and end up on the losing end of some brutal punches. Who knows though, I would love to see Daley connect with something big and go for the kill, only to have Smith land a hail mary ko for the win. Never get tired of come from behind finishes.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

BustedKnuckle » Posted 9/2/09 5:48:00PM

I have to say i am legitimatly pumped up to see this fight. I think Smith will definatly stand and bang....anything casn happen in MMA. That said....I think it goes a lot like the Kampman fight. Smith will hang tough for sure. But in the end get tagged with too many left hooks and go nighty night!

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Better than smith vs jan finley

Should be a war

Wand_is_GOD » Posted 1/28/10 6:13:00AM

:D

[View Full Version of this Page]