MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Arlovski to Fight in K-1 on October 2nd   [View Full Version]
jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

link Michael Schiavello broke the news that former UFC heavyweight champ Andrei Arlovski will fight October 2nd at the K-1 World Grand Prix Final 16 in Seoul, Korea. During the King of the Cage broadcast, Schiavello added that Arlovski will not participate in the tournament, and he instead will be involved in a superfight against a yet unnamed opponent.

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

I can't wait!!!!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Wand_is_GOD » Posted 1/28/10 6:13:00AM

NICE!!!!!!!

RearNakedJoke » Posted 8/11/08 6:25:00PM

Overeem? who else would he fight? please not Sylvia...

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

Posted by RearNakedJoke

Overeem? who else would he fight? please not Sylvia...

He's probably fighting a K-1 guy who'll KO him.

BustedKnuckle » Posted 9/2/09 5:48:00PM

Yeah this sounds like a very bad idea for AA. Hell he couldn't handle Brett Rogers stand-up!!!?? What happens if his opponent is Remy, or Semmy? They would Anihilate him in every sense of the word!

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

He wont be fighting Remy or a guy in that echelon. He'll start slow, get a W and move on through. I really don't see K-1 trying to ruin him like they tried to ruin Alistair.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by cmill21

He wont be fighting Remy or a guy in that echelon. He'll start slow, get a W and move on through. I really don't see K-1 trying to ruin him like they tried to ruin Alistair.

Man have you ever seen a guy hated by everyone like that? That was a shame.

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

Yeah this sounds like a very bad idea for AA. Hell he couldn't handle Brett Rogers stand-up!!!?? What happens if his opponent is Remy, or Semmy? They would Anihilate him in every sense of the word!

Getting caught by one of Roger's humungous bombs is hardly a case of not being able to handle his stand up. AA is worlds better in striking than Rogers.

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Posted by postman

Posted by cmill21

Man have you ever seen a guy hated by everyone like that? That was a shame.

It was all about fear. They didn't want to see an MMA guy come in and dominate the competition, especially after the stand out performances Alistair had at the beginning of that tourney.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

This seems strange to me.
AA said he was going back to focus on his grappling and now K1?
Best of luck to him though

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

Posted by cmill21

When hasn't K-1 fed an MMA guy to a top K-1 guy? Other than the one NYE event where the MMA guys mostly own and Rampage schooling Abidi MMA guys usually are fed to K-1 guys. Hari savagely avenged his loss to Overeem.

kaduey » Posted 1/27/07 1:53:00PM

I just checked out the K-1 website and it says that he is fighting in the final 16 and it's against a guy named Raul Catinas in the opening round.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by cmill21

When hasn't K-1 fed an MMA guy to a top K-1 guy? Other than the one NYE event where the MMA guys mostly own and Rampage schooling Abidi MMA guys usually are fed to K-1 guys. Hari savagely avenged his loss to Overeem.

I dunno, Kawajiri, Gegard, Rampage as you said. I'm trying to think of big name MMA'ers making the cross over the other way. None that I can think of have been fed to the wolves like Al. As for the avenging by Badr, yeah he did, but Al also beat Everton and Aerts on the way there, he also won his K-1 match after the 2nd Badr fight. But I can quit typing because my point has been made by him facing Raul, he is definetly not a big K-1 name and is a young gun.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Arlovski must have just bought a pair of these.

Link

[View Full Version of this Page]