MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
The Trilogy: Hughes-Penn 3 Confirmed For UFC 123   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Trilogies have become a part of great film series and great fights. The latest trilogy to happen in MMA will take place at UFC 123 when former welterweight champions B.J. Penn and Matt Hughes settle the score as they meet in the co-main event of the November 20 event in Detroit, Mich. Rumors about the bout began to circulate on Monday when Hughes posted on his official website that UFC president Dana White had contacted him with an interesting proposal for the November card in Detroit. With B.J. Penn previously stating that he had also been contacted about a potential return in November, the pieces started falling together and the two legends were put together for a third fight. On Monday sources confirmed the rumors that Penn and Hughes had agreed to meet, and MMAFighting.com was the first to officially report the bout.

Article

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Why!?!? Hughes is in the twilight of his career and BJ is a Lightweight!! What will this fight help to prove?!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

SamPan » Posted 2/17/09 12:13:00AM

Itll make $$$$$

MisterFreeze » Posted 4/18/09 4:51:00PM

Posted by SmileR

Why!?!? Hughes is in the twilight of his career and BJ is a Lightweight!! What will this fight help to prove?!

Well, not every single fight needs to propel fighters towards a title. Sometimes it's nice to watch two people fight just because. I think this is a nice match-up, albeit one I never saw coming.

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Meh. This does nothing for me.

War BJ, I guess.

machodog76 » Posted 6/26/07 10:37:00PM

Posted by SmileR

One and one man I've been waiting for the rematch since 06! I'd say it proves they are both true fighters!

meier » Posted 1/15/07 6:25:00PM

i like it

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

its 2 of the GOAT in the octagon fighting each other, what in the hell is there to dislike??? im so glad a 3rd fight is happening, it means something to me as a fan, not the top 10 ratings, but for me to know who is better. thanks joe silva, i dont get the haters?!

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Joe Silva can not be stopped, guy is on fire with matchups.

Go Hughes!

Can you imagine 3 straight bj penn losses

wrona666 » Posted 6/21/07 3:31:00PM

I don't know this fight just does nothing for me........If BJ comes in shape he will destroy Hughes so i guess it just depends on what BJ shows up......

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

I never expected this. I'm pretty happy about it though.

Hughes has definitely declined a lot since their last match-up but if he can pull off a win I will flip sh&%!

WAR HUGHES!!

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

its the single most dominant guy in one weight class against the most often mentioned in P4P discussions as far as UFC goes!!! please explain what isnt to like here...

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

im just glad to see both of them fighting again. after hughes last submission win i was pissed to hear him say he wasnt gonna fight for a while. i would really like to see hughes win this

JuggaloWarrior878 » Posted 1/15/07 11:33:00AM

i cant believe the non-excitement, i am beyond pumped. Been waiting 4 years to see this go down.

Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Posted by JuggaloWarrior878

i cant believe the non-excitement, i am beyond pumped. Been waiting 4 years to see this go down.

Agreed, although Im not a fan of either its a fight I wanna see again.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]