MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
HDNet To Get UFC Access   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

After years of a relationship that could best be termed "sometimes rocky," billionaire businessman and Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has settled his differences with UFC president Dana White – at least enough for the UFC to open the door for Cuban's TV network, HDNet. Cuban made the announcement on Friday's episode of "Inside MMA," a weekly mixed martial arts interview and highlights show that airs on HDNet with hosts Kenny Rice and former King of Pancrase champion Bas Rutten. Cuban said the network will now be granted access to Zuffa events and will be able to use video highlights after fights. And he said Rice and Rutten would be at UFC events as part of the "Inside MMA" show. Cuban said any perceived rifts with White over the years were merely the nature of business. As for the future plans, "Going forward, you'll see HDNet at all the UFC events," Cuban said. "We'll have (Rice and Rutten) there. We'll be doing interviews there. Hopefully we'll be able to go live from weigh-ins. They still have their deals with Spike, obviously, and Versus, and they'll still work closely with some other folks. But we'll have full access, and that's going to be a big change. That means ("Inside MMA") will have a lot more access. I'm looking forward to working really closely with them and doing a lot more with them."

Article

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Great news!

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

I'm happy as long as it doesn't hurt their coverage of all the other MMA going on.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

if i could hear bas and rogan comment a UFC event together id sh!t my pants. those 2 are hilarious. if they could get "the voice" in there too, damn that would be awesome.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

I can't get hdnet. Sucks for me

backalley101 » Posted 7/19/07 10:22:00PM

I get it and love that show its worth the 10 bucks

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

I'm happy as long as it doesn't hurt their coverage of all the other MMA going on.

Agreed. I hope it doesn't become a nuthugging festival.

JoeWarren33 » Posted 4/27/09 4:41:00PM

About time!

Been watching this show from the start, and how fun to watch still photo's of a PPV when they are talking about it (bas & kenny). Mark Cuban pulled through and gave the HDNET fans what they been waiting for.
This will not only help HDNET as a whole, but Inside MMA will be THAT much better.
Who knows, maybe a UFC event to be on HDNET? Lets cross out fingers!

Great News!

[View Full Version of this Page]