MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Demian Maia vs. Kendall Grove Possible For TUF 12 Finale   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

According to TUF 3 winner Kendall Grove's Twitter account, his next fight will be at the TUF 12 Finale against Demian Maia. Not much light has been shed on “The Ultimate Fighter Season 12” finale, although it will take place at The Palms in Las Vegas, and also features Stephan Bonnar vs. Igor Pokrajac.

Article

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

bye bye Kendall...Demian is better in every aspect

xburbx » Posted 6/21/07 5:17:00PM

maia should be fighting top level guys in that division. kendel is killed

teddythetuna » Posted 1/16/07 5:06:00PM

Yeah Kendall is gonna get choked to death in this one

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

This may be main event

I don't like grove but the boy has got reach on maia and can throw some elbows
But maia can sub him out within a min as well
Overall bad matchup for grove

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I think Grove could win, if he keeps the fight standing. Reach and use the clinch.

D0wnUnd6e6r » Posted 9/13/07 5:12:00PM

don't even know why this fight is happening. Very easy pick imo, kendall won't be able to hang with maia at all. As others said, maia is better then grove in every possible aspect, only disadvantage is reach but the past has proven that reach in mma isin't everything.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

I agree Maia is a heavy favorite, but it isn't as if Grove has no chance. He's so tall and he has good takedown defense. If he can keep it standing Maia might be in trouble.

tallica62 » Posted 6/22/07 2:18:00AM

maia is too strong for grove

only way i see kendall winning is if an meteorite hits maia in the head during the fight...that is if he doesnt sub the meteorite before it gets him

seanfu » Posted 11/4/07 10:24:00AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

don't even know why this fight is happening. Very easy pick imo, kendall won't be able to hang with maia at all. As others said, maia is better then grove in every possible aspect, only disadvantage is reach but the past has proven that reach in mma isin't everything.

I think it's really good match making. They probably don't want Maia fighting Anderson again so they won't rush him up the rankings.

I think if Grove can put Maia in the clinch it will be difficult for Maia. I do know though that if Maia wins at any point in the fight it will be a cool highlight reel and an exciting finish.

Kendal is dangerous in this matchup.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Anyone who thinks Maia has a bigger edge on the ground over Grove than Grove has over Maia on the feet is out of their minds.

Grove has huge limbs and that can lead to an armbar against a BJJ guy of Maia's calibre, as well as having a forever unstable jawline to fail him.

But Maia being better than Grove in all aspects? , Grove is better on the feet in nearly every facet, as well as having the more versatile Clinch game. If Maia can't get the takedown he loses this match-up 7/10 times. The other 3/10 being if he pushes the big red easy button on Grove's chin.

seanfu » Posted 11/4/07 10:24:00AM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

I think it's really good match making. They probably don't want Maia fighting Anderson again so they won't rush him up the rankings.

I think if Grove can put Maia in the clinch it will be difficult for Maia. I do know though that if Maia wins at any point in the fight it will be a cool highlight reel and an exciting finish.

Kendal is dangerous in this matchup.

I think Grove has thatobvious advantage in reach, but his ength makes him really slow and awkward punching like Forrest, so I think Maia will have an easy time defending.

[View Full Version of this Page]