MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jason Brilz vs. Vladimir Matyushenko targeted for UFC 122 in Germany   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Hot on the heels of a new four-fight deal with the UFC, Vladimir Matyushenko (24-4 MMA, 5-3 UFC) is expected to meet Jason Brilz (18-3-1 MMA, 3-2 UFC) at October's UFC 122 event.

Sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that verbal agreements are in place and that both fighters are expected to finalize bout agreements shortly.

While not yet officially announced, UFC 122 is expected to take place Nov. 13 at Konig Pilsener Arena in Oberhausen, Germany.

LINK

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

i think thats a solid matchup. if brilz comes into that fight like he did when he BEAT LITTLE NOG!!, i could see him taking this fight. it also has alot to do with vlady and weather he is back to 100% after his beat down by jones.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Pretty even matchup could be very close but I'd have to go with vladdy.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

i think thats a solid matchup. if brilz comes into that fight like he did when he BEAT LITTLE NOG!!, i could see him taking this fight. it also has alot to do with vlady and weather he is back to 100% after his beat down by jones.

See you made a little mistake there, Brilz actually lost to little nog. Thats alright though, everyone makes mistakes sometimes

But I think this has all the making of a Split Decision. Possibly boring for the casual fan.

MisterFreeze » Posted 4/18/09 4:51:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by tcunningham

See you made a little mistake there, Brilz actually lost to little nog. Thats alright though, everyone makes mistakes sometimes

But I think this has all the making of a Split Decision. Possibly boring for the casual fan.

lol. time to get all philosophical on you, but sometimes even when a fighter loses, he wins.

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

Brillz losing to Lil Nog was the biggest upset for me. I can't see how they feel Brillz lost when I think he won all 3 rds, tkdwns, gnp,and won standing.

Who has better wrestling and striking of the two??? idk, but I see them nuetralizing each other, maybe a draw.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Brillz losing to Lil Nog was the biggest upset for me. I can't see how they feel Brillz lost when I think he won all 3 rds, tkdwns, gnp,and won standing.

Who has better wrestling and striking of the two??? idk, but I see them nuetralizing each other, maybe a draw.

I really have a hard time understanding your position. How could he have won all three rounds? I gave him one round (2nd I think). But even then I only gave it to him knowing how judges usually score rounds, not how they should be scored.

mrsmiley » Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM

I'm liking the sound of this fight for sure.
I'm not sure who to chose though. Tough one for sure.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

This fight probably will be on main card
A 3 round snoozefest. I may side with brilz even though he let me down in his fight
Against elliot marshall

[View Full Version of this Page]