MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana White Hopes Randy Couture Smashes James Toney   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Never one to hide his true feelings, UFC President Dana White tells 790 The Zone in Atlanta (via SportsRadioInterviews) that he is hoping James Toney not only gets beaten by Randy Couture at UFC 118 this coming weekend, but gets beat down bad. "Well, Toney has gotten in the best shape he's ever been in in about I don't know how many years. He's taken this a lot more seriously than he has his boxing career. One of the things with these boxers they have been doing it since they were little kids and how much can they learn? They start to get bored or lazy or whatever you wanna call it. So they don't train as hard. Toney has taken this serious. He's gotten in the best shape he's been in in years and this is going to be a very interesting fight. Anything can happen when two good guys go in there and start throwing punches, scrapping, and fighting. Anything can happen, but James Toney has knockout power in both hands, he's been one of the best and he's fought the best forever. Randy Couture has great wrestling and if you break down stats, James Toney doesn't have as many tools as Randy Couture has so Couture should win the fight. James Toney has talked so much smack I want to see him get smashed in this fight."

Article

icantthinkofanything » Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM

I hope he gets smashed also, but think it will be somewhat competitive because of Tony looks like his punches are quick and hard still. All fights start standing so Toney has an advantage at the beginning of each round. I don't think Toney has any chance on the ground though, it looked like his grappling partners were going real easy on him.

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

I'm confused hasn't Dana already said stuff along these lines?

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

you gotta think, toney has been training on the ground for a very short time and randy's been training on the ground forever. toney's a superior boxer but it aint boxing. just like marcus davis, you can be an excelent boxer but how well can you put that into the MMA aspect. i would go as far as saying that randy has better MMA style boxing and i dont see toney even winning the standup. boxers know nothing about the clinch and randy is the best in the world at that exact thing. toney's way in over his head.

DANZANRYUGUY » Posted 3/23/07 1:40:00PM

Toney's boxing might be awsome, but how good is it when your on your back getting hit in the face. You cant throw a right hook while your trying to defend an armlock or a RNC. We'll see how godd his training has been. I hope Randy comes out and just kick's the **** out of his legs then ground and pounds his ass into Strikeforce. I dont care for his smacktalking either, and i could only understand about 50% of what he's said.

TheCatFather » Posted 3/1/07 12:36:00AM

All it takes is one punch and thats why "Lights Out" is dangerous. I think Randy will win but Toney has a punchers chance and if Randy "didn't pay his electric bill, It's lights out for him"

[View Full Version of this Page]