MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Strikeforce to hold event at Cowboys Stadium? Well, if it's in the game...   [View Full Version]
emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

While Dana White held high praise for Cowboys Stadium after he attended the massive structure earlier this year for a high-profile boxing match, the UFC president has been reluctant to guarantee his organization will soon visit the venue.

But could Strikeforce possibly steal the UFC's thunder by holding an event there first?

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said you'll likely see his organization contesting bouts in the 80,000-seat stadium in October. Well, sort of.

LINK

Wolf » Posted 1/14/07 11:32:00PM

Unless the whole thing is backed by EA that would be promotional suicide. The expense to put on an event there would be absolutely insane, and they couldn't even come close to selling a quarter of the seats there let alone selling out.

if it's just in the video game though, that's kind of cool.

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

ive never been to that stadium but maybe they have an exhibition room or something like that cause cokers living in a f@#king fanstasy world if he thinks he can actually pull that **** off in the whole stadium. if this was japan they could probably do it.

finnish_line » Posted 8/16/07 8:54:00AM

Even if Fedor was fighting and tickets were free they couldn't fill a third of the seats.

meier » Posted 1/15/07 6:25:00PM

i can honestly say i do not care

[View Full Version of this Page]