MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jay Hieron Not A Free Agent Yet   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Despite a recent Twitter message to the contrary, Strikeforce welterweight Jay Hieron is not a free agent just yet. Early Saturday morning, Hieron stated he had "finally got my release from [Strikeforce]," which prompted speculation of a potential move to the Ultimate Fighting Championship. But following Saturday's Showtime-televised "Strikeforce: Houston" event in Texas, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker told MMAjunkie.com that's not exactly the case. "Here's the thing," Coker told MMAjunkie.com. "Jay Hieron doesn't have any fights left with us. He's just in a matching period. The only thing he would have to do is if he has an offer, he has to bring it to us. "But he doesn't have fights with Strikeforce, no." Coker wasn't immediately sure when the matching period ends, but he hasn't given up hope on re-signing the 34-year-old fighter. "I think my guys are talking to him," Coker said.

Article

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Posted by DCRage
"I think my guys are talking to him," Coker said.

Well that's a relief. You think....way to run a business.

Wand_is_GOD » Posted 1/28/10 6:13:00AM

Posted by DCRage

. "I think my guys are talking to him," Coker said.

LOL I THINK :D

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

If Coker let Shields go so easily, he surely won't resign a fighter that he's spurned so readily for a year or two now.

I just don't see Hieron back in Strikeforce, and a move to the UFC or Bellator would be great for him.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Posted by lohmann

If Coker let Shields go so easily, he surely won't resign a fighter that he's spurned so readily for a year or two now.

This for sure, there is no way he would release Shields and keep Hieron, unless he followed his formula to create title shots!

[View Full Version of this Page]