Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM
Video Link Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker on:
- 0:53 The one night Middleweight tournament
- 1:38 Keeping their 160 fighters on contract busy
- 2:21 Fabricio Werdum out till 2011
- 2:41 Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva fighting in October
- 2:55 The dialogue with M-1 Global
- 3:41 Nick Diaz fighting in October
- 4:40 Cris Cyborg returning at the end of year or early 2011
- 5:35 The October card possibly being on CBS
- 6:11 Signing Dave Batista
- 8:00 Signing Paul Daley
Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM
I like that fight makes sense with Werdum out.
Posted 4/12/07 4:37:00PM
1.Gotta admit I would love to see hershal Walker fighting Batista.
It wouldn't be the most technical bout ever but the pure novelty of it would make for a wow factor in itself.
2.I really feel that if Werdum can't fight Overeem due to injuries than it really should be Fedor that steps up and takes the challenge. Regardless, a fight with Bigfoot will be interesting as well.
3. A one night MW tourney I believe would be great to see. Been a while since MMA has had a truley big one. Though the fact Cung Le won't be making an apperance does spoil it a little for me.
4. Paul Daley would be a solid addition for SF though you have to wonder after considering the incident with Shields and Mayhem if bringing in a guy that sucker punched Josh koscheck is the smartest move to make.
Especialy if he may be fighting on CBS.
5. On a final note it seems like Coker fumbled his way through most the questions Ariel asked him. I mean shouldn't they know whether the October card will be on CBS or not by now?
Posted 1/16/09 11:38:00PM
Del Rosario is more worthy of a title shot, because he has no losses in SF yet. Bigfoot lost to Werdum, he should fight Rogers or Lashley next. SF should try to get Barnett if he is off the roids, he could challenge for the belt. Atleast Bigfoot's loss was 2 fights ago, Rogers earned a title shot immediately following his 1st loss. The best person who is coming off a loss to fight Overeem is Fedor, but I think those two wanna avoid fighting each other for some reason.
Posted 8/3/10 3:08:00PM
The Reem vs. Bigfoot???? Sounds like Scotty C is givin' Alistair a tune up fight before Werdum or Fedor (which ever one comes first)...............But they should jump at the opportunity to sign someone like Paul Daley. I didn't like what he did in the Koscheck fight either, but losin' that UFC Contract-I believe-Taught him a valuable lesson...I don't think we'll see anything like that from him ever again.
Posted 4/27/09 4:41:00PM
You gotta be kidding me. This fight will not make it beyond 1 minute into the fight. How Fedor isn't fighting is beyond me. Overeem is the best HW in the world IMO. How Big Foot gets to fight the Champ, makes no sense to me. Big Foot isn't even half as good as Overeem.
Overeem 1st round Sub (Under 1 minute)
Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM
I really don't see why it couldn't be fedor.
I thought big foot is fighting next weekend in houston??
What if he loses does he still get title shot
Posted 6/22/07 1:13:00AM
I think this is an important point. He is scheduled to fight Sergei Kharitonov in Houston. Now, Kharitonov hasn't been a very active fighter over the years, and his last fight was a bad submission loss to Jeff Monson, but he has proven to be a tough opponent in the past.
He has a KO win over Overeem, and a decision victory over Werdum. Even though the Werdum victory was five years ago, he can still lay claim to a victory.
Kharitonov is a tough guy with KO power. Big Foot lossing would by no means be a shock.