MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Browne vs. Kongo, Patrick vs. Wilks among four official additions to UFC 120   [View Full Version]
jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

link
The UFC's return to England is quickly taking shape, and Spike TV executives today announced that four previously reported matchups for the Oct. 16 event are now official.

On the main card of UFC 120, Travis Browne faces Cheick Kongo, and Claude Patrick meets James Wilks.

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Browne vs. Kongo ought to be really interesting and exciting.

ChokeUout » Posted 6/28/07 1:48:00PM

there will be some interesting match-ups, but this card lacks a solid main event, and a solid co-main event for that matter....

I remember chastizing some british fans who complained about UFC 105, the Couture/Vera and Hardy/Swick Card...And I stood by what I said.

However, This time, my british friends, you have every right to be upset. It'll be a fun atmosphere, but i bet even the UK fans get tired of getting Bisping and Hardy shoved down their throat.

Rabi » Posted 1/25/07 6:35:00PM

Im going be cause I love The UFC, this will be my 8th live event and by far the weakest card I would have seen live in the UK or Ireland.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I don't really think that the UK needs a countryman to headline a fight card for them anymore, I think the UFC has broken through that market.

BustedKnuckle » Posted 9/2/09 5:48:00PM

Well aside form the main event I like the Browne/Kongo match-up. It is a huge step in competition for Travis. Chiek is a great stand-up fighter. I really like this fight.

[View Full Version of this Page]