MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Gerald Harris To Replace Rivera Against Sakara At UFC 118   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Jorge Rivera's loss will be Gerald Harris' gain. Harris has verbally agreed to step in for an injured Rivera to face Alessio Sakara at UFC 118. Paperwork pending. Harris fights for the fourth time in 2010. After debuting for the UFC with a "Knockout of the Night" win over John Salter in January, Harris has since earned victories over Mario Miranda and Dave Branch. The slam finish of Branch earlier this month earned Harris the evening's "Knockout of the Night" and was also featured on ESPN's SportsCenter as one of the evening's "top plays." It's not known if the fight will be a TV fight, the original plan was for Rivera-Sakara to air on UFC Prelims on Spike.

Article

Bloodhound » Posted 5/27/08 1:50:00PM

much respect for Gerald Harris I was very excited twhen he got signed to UFC, hes a tough always game opponent and I can defiently see Harris brutalize Sakara o nthe ground

DevonFoxy » Posted 6/27/07 1:57:00PM

Great fight for Harris. I'm glad he got the chance to fight a guy who is established in the UFC and not a UFC first timer.

Cdellorso » Posted 7/6/07 10:54:00PM

Good fight- Real test finally For Gerald.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I expect this fight to stay on the spike prelims.

Wallass » Posted 10/7/08 5:39:00PM

I agree with the above statement. Yes Rivera vs Sakar was going to be great but Harris is a terrific replacement and this should be a real entertaining scrap!

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Considering how long it took him to get back after his TUF run, it's great to see Harris not only getting fights (this will be his 4th fight this year) but getting wins as well. If he wins this one he's right on the verge of the top tier.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Good replacement. Should be a test for harris. No more new guys. But a vet
Fight still will be spike prelim. I was picking. Jorge. Now. I am up in the air

Krazypoison » Posted 4/15/09 8:07:00PM

Sakara by KO

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

With the classic grappler vs striker matches I usually pick the Grappler who has good GNP as the winner. Decision or late TKO.

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

Not sure how anyone could pick Sakara over Harris. Harris is much quicker than Sakara and has way more power. I see Harris taking this fight down and destroying Sakara easily.

[View Full Version of this Page]