MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
MM-Nay: Vancouver Bids MMA Sanctioning "Adieu"   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Councillors in the city of North Vancouver voted to disband the North Vancouver Athletic Commission on Monday after former chairman Mirko Mladenovic was impeached and replaced by city bureaucrat Dave Rudberg. UFC recently opened a corporate office in Canada with the intention of spreading the gospel to unregulated areas like Toronto. And while fan support is at an all-time high, especially with Canadian stars like Georges St. Pierre going mainstream, politicians are not impressed.

Article

Aether » Posted 4/26/07 1:42:00AM

Right, you've seen enough of MMA surfing through channels to make an educated decision. Good thing people who take the time to understand things before making decisions about them are the ones running the country.

Whew! Good work Pam!

I have a hard time believing this will last very long. Some time in the near future I'm sure popular demand and the revenue they will bring in from other countries will sway their opinion, no matter how ignorant and knee-jerk reactionary these idiots are (the politicians I mean).

tcunningham » Posted 9/30/09 9:33:00PM

thats like banning the internet. its already here and it'll only get bigger. at least it aint my country

Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

Posted by tcunningham

at least it aint my country

So what's up in New York.

[View Full Version of this Page]