MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Fedor Would Beat Brock   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

I think Fedor's balance and striking are the difference. Using the cage to turn brock to the fence and then teeing off is how I see that fight going. However if Fedor fought Carwin and couldn't get him down, that is the fight I see him losing in the UFC.

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

If Lesnar took that many shots from Carwin and coming out in the second looking as fresh as he did in the first I'd have to say I wouldn't doubt he'd be able to survive Fedor's attack. I mean don't get me wrong I'm not trying to take anything away from Fedor, he's got scary striking and ground and pound but he's too damn small. Carwin is the only guy Lesnar will face that is the same size and strength as him, and the size advantage he would have over Fedor is too much IMO. Yea Fedor has beat guys but Lesnar is a hell of a lot better and stronger than Choi or Zulu...

mshalosky » Posted 2/16/09 8:09:00PM

I strongly disagree with you saying Fedor would stop enough of Brocks takedowns. Watch or re-watch his fight with Arona to see why. Brock may not be as big as HMC but he is on a whole nother level(snl) atheletically. I think this fight would look alot like the King Mo-Mousasi fight. But Brock may even get the finish.

Posted by mshalosky

I strongly disagree with you saying Fedor would stop enough of Brocks takedowns. Watch or re-watch his fight with Arona to see why. Brock may not be as big as HMC but he is on a whole nother level(snl) atheletically. I think this fight would look alot like the King Mo-Mousasi fight. But Brock may even get the finish.

Watch a fight from 10 years ago to tell us something about today? Come on broooo.

Posted by mshalosky

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch a fight from 10 years ago to tell us something about today? Come on broooo.

Well its hard to name alot of fights from someone who fights like once or twice a year.Besides, who else has he faced with a wrestling background??? The only person I can think of is Coleman and Coleman is like 70 lbs lighter than Brock and less atheletic and he still took him down a few times. O and Randleman who suplexed him on his head. Fact is Fedor doesnt have much takedown defense.

Ussually Fedor has no problem being down there. He ussually ends up in a position of strength at the end of the takedown with his balance. He could end up being taken down by Brock, but then he could get brocks arm, roll for a leg lock etc. Fedor is not one dimensional.

Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

I'm not reading all these posts, so forgive me if it's been said, but Carwin would beat Brock.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Carwin would beat Brock.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by mshalosky

Posted by mshalosky

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well its hard to name alot of fights from someone who fights like once or twice a year.Besides, who else has he faced with a wrestling background??? The only person I can think of is Coleman and Coleman is like 70 lbs lighter than Brock and less atheletic and he still took him down a few times. O and Randleman who suplexed him on his head. Fact is Fedor doesnt have much takedown defense.

In his Prime Coleman was about 230-245 and ripped to s**t. Fedor submitted him twice.

Coleman was taking guys down and pounding them before Brock knew what MMA is.

Posted by mshalosky

Posted by mshalosky

In his Prime Coleman was about 230-245 and ripped to s**t. Fedor submitted him twice.

Coleman was taking guys down and pounding them before Brock knew what MMA is.

Yeah, he did submit a one-dimensional wrestler twice by armbar. But, Coleman being 230-245 is similiar size to Fedor. How would he handle a behemoth 280 lbs wrestler with speed to match fedor's? I strongly dislike Brock but, IMO he would destroy Fedor.

copcopps » Posted 4/4/08 4:46:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Brock really impressed me a lot. He will beat cain and roy
I still think dos santos is fast. I wanna see that match up

I would like to see Dos Santos just on the fact I'm a nuthugger of him, champ or not, he's a great fighter to watch and pretty good to boot.

As for Brock beating Roy and Cain, I say he could beat Big Country (which is sad since I like Nelson) Just because Brock has great control and is a lot faster. But Cain? I seriously think Cain would give Lensar some headaches. Cain's just as good a wrestler as Carwin and just as fast, probably even faster since he's not carrying weight on him

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Coleman in his prime was way bigger than Velasquez, i think 230-245 is a gross undershot.

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Coleman's prime was against people with no take down defense or scrambling abilities. He was never in shape, ever, and once he got to PRIDE he was exposed (despite winning the grand prix). I won't call the man overrated because he took advantage of the competition during his time, but once you figure out Coleman, he doesn't stand a chance.

Gogoplatapus » Posted 7/24/09 6:01:00PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Carwin would beat Brock.

Ya for sure, don't forget.

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

Posted by Pookie

Coleman in his prime was way bigger than Velasquez, i think 230-245 is a gross undershot.

That's just the highest I remember seeing him listed at. He could very well have been bigger. I'll give props to anyone who can find out his actual highest weight.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

[View Full Version of this Page]