MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Nogueira vs. Rampage Possible For September   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Although it may not be more than a rumor at this point, the boxing coach for Antonio Rogerio Nogueira told the TATAME website today that "Minotoro" likely will be back in September against Quinton Jackson and a source says verbal agreements are in place. While no date is set for the fight, it could be at UFC 119 on September 25 as the only other September event right now is a UFN.

Article

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

I would absolutely love to see this fight. If Nog doesn't move his head he could get tagged like he did against Brilz, except Rampage will put him to sleep. On the other hand, if Nog can stick and move he could easily win a decision. If he gets Page on the ground he'd likely do more with it than Rashad was able to and I wouldn't rule out a submission win for Lil Nog.

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Good match-up for both fighters. I like the idea of this fight quite a bit. I'd be inclined to pick Lil' Nog, right now.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

I called this fight awhile back. Great match making!!!

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

This is a great fight for Rampage.

Bloodhound » Posted 5/27/08 1:50:00PM

very interesting match up, i see both fighters slugging it out with their boxing as good as Lil Nog is on the ground i don't think he will take Rampage down so i expect a fotn with both guys throwin hands and going at it

Taylor8766 » Posted 6/24/07 5:32:00PM

Fight makes sense too me, with the winner getting right back in the title picture, plus it would be one hell of a fight, however they might be doin Nogeuria-Brilz 2, which I think they should.

casketcoin » Posted 1/14/08 9:28:00PM

Rampage Round 2 KO

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

This will be main event of ufc 119. And with dana promising a huge fight in oct for frEe. I will guess right now it will be griffin vs machida
If lil nog fights same way as he did against brilz. Rampage will
Knock him out

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Junkie now reports it could be at 120 or 121. 120 is 10/16 in London, 121 is TBA.

That's uhhh, certainly some time off in between fights.

MattHughesRules » Posted 1/24/07 7:05:00PM

This is a very cool fight! I hope it gets confirmed. I could see either one of these guys winning in the standup or on the ground. Rampage could land a power shiot and end it or Nog could out point him and win a decision. On the ground Nog could certainly sub him or Rampage could pound him out. i thin I would lean a little towards Nog by UD because I think he might have the crisper hands and it seems to me Rampage would want top trade with him.

Although he didn't look good against Brilz so we shall see!

Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

Would be a great fight if Lil Nog didn't come from pride. I think if this fight were to happen Rampage would be too scared to give it his all.

babalu46 » Posted 1/20/09 12:59:00PM

I love this fight and if it happens i'd be pumped for it, FOTN imo.

Posted by babalu46

I love this fight and if it happens i'd be pumped for it, FOTN imo.

I'd be more inclined to believe that KOTN would take place before FOTN

[View Full Version of this Page]