MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
A Fight With Kurt Pellegrino is A Step In The Right Direction For George Sotiropoulos   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

In a battle of emerging lightweight stars at UFC 116 between George Sotiropoulos and Kurt Pellegrino, one man figures to propel himself into the top five of the division with a win. The Australian-bred Sotiropoulos looked great in completely dismantling Joe Stevenson back at UFC 110 while "Batman" has been on a four-fight tear. Though George sees similarities in Stevenson and Pellegrino, he admits this fight is definitely a step up in competition as well as a step in the right direction of one day achieving his ultimate goal.

Article

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

both are on huge win streaks winner should be one fight away from title

The_Casualty » Posted 5/17/08 7:00:00PM

This is gona be a sick fight, very technical but I think george is gona take it with a submisson in the 2nd round

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

I'll be pulling for Batman.

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

i'm hoping to win big with these odds on Kurt. i think the win over Joe Daddy hyped George up a little higher than he deserves imo, although i do think he was vastly underrated before hand (just the way the pendulum swings i guess). Kurt shouldn't get submitted, i think he learned to settle down in MMA after his loss to Diaz because Kurt is an extremely decorated grappler and shouldn't be getting subbed by anyone honestly. the reason he was previously in his career was because he gets a little anxious and falls in love with the GnP part of MMA and gets sloppy with his defense. with his lessons learned, i feel he should be able to defeat George and win me some money haha

bjj1605 » Posted 10/11/07 4:18:00PM

I think george takes a decision. He's a better boxer, bigger, and I think he has better ground control. Kurt's game seems to be taking down opponents and squeaking out a decision from the guard. That won't work against a grappler of George's status.

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

Posted by bjj1605

I think george takes a decision. He's a better boxer, bigger, and I think he has better ground control. Kurt's game seems to be taking down opponents and squeaking out a decision from the guard. That won't work against a grappler of George's status.

only 2 of his last 13 wins were by decisions. Kurt is a lot more aggressive than people give him credit for.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

I remember during the Hawaii Tsunami watch, when bj was covering the fiasco live from his house, that bj and some other guy were talking about Sotiropoulos and how he got thrown around at team quest. If thats true, maybe a strong defensive grappler who's focus is on maintaining dominant position, like pellegrino, might have a better chance on the ground than we think.
Heresay, but take it for what its worth.

[View Full Version of this Page]