MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Joey Beltran vs. Matt Mitrione Scheduled For UFC 119   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

In a recent interview, a briefclip of which has been posted on bjpenn.com, Joey Beltran confirmed that he will be fighting Matt Mitrione at UFC 119. Mitrione is coming off his big victory over Kimbo Slice at UFC 113. Beltran also won at UFC 113, defeating Tim Hague by unanimous decision. No venue has been announced for UFC 119 but the event is scheduled for September 25.

Article

Chael_Sonnen » Posted 5/25/10 12:40:00PM

I think Meat Head takes this one

MisterFreeze » Posted 4/18/09 4:51:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I think Meat Head takes this one

I respectfully disagree. I think Beltran takes this and exposes Mitrione to be "the guy who could only beat Kimbo".

BlueSkiesBurn » Posted 6/1/08 3:18:00PM

Depending on how much evolution Mitrione has between now and then, I would be inclined to give this fight to Mitrione. His striking looked remarkably improved against Kimbo from his fight with Jones. Mitrione, despite my initial thoughts, has shown that he is dedicated to learning this trade.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Mitrione's ground game looked pretty legit. I'm going with Meathead in this one.

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

A reminder of the weakness of the heavyweight division: how the hell are these two both 2-0 in the UFC?

Leaning Beltran in the first fight in recent memory where two 2-0 fighters are fighting to avoid a pink slip.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I've been burned by Beltran twice before.....Meathead once too.....I can't help it I have no faith in either to be real honest....I don't care who wins either....I think the loser will stay to fight again, and the winner had better get someone legit....at least Kongo or Struve or someone.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

site will be in indianapolis

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

site will be in indianapolis

Oh man, I hope you're right.

mmafan106 » Posted 3/6/10 2:34:00AM

Its actually a hard fight to call both guys arent really better than the other at one thing if anything mitrione has a advantage standing terms of power atleast and has a good reach if he can keep his distance stick beltran with the 1 2 he will end up either eventually stoppng beltran or take a ud

KingCmb » Posted 3/19/09 8:18:00AM

i cant help but like meathead and im taking him for the win his ground game was slick all be it against kimbo and his striking looked mor technical plus its not like he lost his power

meathead rd 2 ko

mikeydawg » Posted 12/28/08 5:56:00PM

Gotta go with the Mexicutioner one this one.

[View Full Version of this Page]