MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Rousimar Palhares: It's Time To Test Myself-Let The Best Fighters Come   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Going for his 4th straight win but also coming off a 90 day suspension for not releasing a heel hook after the tapout in his last fight, Rousimar Palhares feels like he's ready to face the likes of next opponent Nate Marquardt and other top fighters. "[Marquardt] is a great fighter, it will be a good test for me. I am working hard to develop and improve my game. My dream fight (is) a title shot some day, and if God helps me become a champion. I know that to reach my dream, I will have to work hard and fight the best fighters in the world. Right now I am feeling totally secure and confident about my skills. Let them come. I want the best opponents I can have. It is time to test myself against them."

Article

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

just dive for a leg

tepid55 » Posted 2/4/07 2:11:00PM

I think Palhares might win a decision in this fight.

noahgenda » Posted 5/28/09 4:34:00PM

no way, he doesnt have better wrestling or striking that nate, ie he isnt going to win by decision. his best hope is another dirty leg lock

gsp69 » Posted 1/10/10 5:51:00AM

i see this fight goin 1 of 2 ways........
palheres gettin a vicious sub win or marquardt gettin the ko early as he did with maia....... would really like 2 see the 1st option..

Caesarrrr » Posted 3/29/10 1:38:00PM

Marquardt hardly has KO power, demian maia's chin isn't that great to begin with. As for Palhares, I think he has the strength to dominate the ground game and the speed to have developed his striking, but he'll have to have trained hard to win.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

I think palhares has the right type of style to catch marquardt on the ground. Marquardt is very much a top control bjj guy who uses his grappling to maintain a semi dominant position. Palhares can shut that game down if its fought on the ground.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by Pookie

I think palhares has the right type of style to catch marquardt on the ground. Marquardt is very much a top control bjj guy who uses his grappling to maintain a semi dominant position. Palhares can shut that game down if its fought on the ground.

^ What he said.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

Palhares is not like maia with no striking
Palhares is a beast hendo couldn't ko him and neither will nate
Palhares by sub early or nate by decsion

[View Full Version of this Page]