MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Shine Fights exec still unsure why card was canceled, vows to return in summer   [View Full Version]
Jshep714 » Posted 7/3/07 8:38:00AM

While the North Carolina Boxing Authority's decision to cancel Saturday night's Shine Fights event is just hours old, the levity of the situation has already been fully realized by the promotion's CEO, Devin Price.

"It's definitely sunk in," Price told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "This is definitely reality. It's not the reality I was hoping for, but it's definitely reality."

But what Price said he doesn't fully realize yet is why. Why did the commission pull the plug when everyone else involved was prepared to move forward – even without the participation of former boxing champion Ricardo Mayorga?

LINK

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Jordan Breen said this fight wouldn't happen.

crushedbacon » Posted 6/11/07 6:31:00PM

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

"But the MMA side of things, we're going to continue to throw fights" -Price

He needs to use a different word when explaining that he's going to continue to schedule fights.

Kpro » Posted 1/27/07 9:53:00PM

That's pretty pathetic to not have the fighters' show money to the commission by the deadline, forcing them to cancel the card and then turning around and blaming the commission and saying you'll call them on Monday for answers.

YOU didn't front the money to the commission because you learned Mayorga wouldn't participate and knew that if you didn't front the money, the commission would cancel the card so you wouldn't have to.

The spin the Shine Fights exec is trying to put on this is weak.

dmfp » Posted 6/13/07 7:59:00AM

Posted by Kpro

That's pretty pathetic to not have the fighters' show money to the commission by the deadline, forcing them to cancel the card and then turning around and blaming the commission and saying you'll call them on Monday for answers.

YOU didn't front the money to the commission because you learned Mayorga wouldn't participate and knew that if you didn't front the money, the commission would cancel the card so you wouldn't have to.

The spin the Shine Fights exec is trying to put on this is weak.

totally agree!

[View Full Version of this Page]