MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
UFC Signs Karlos Vemola To Face Madsen At UFC 116   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

UFC today signed Czech fighter Karlos Vemola to a multi-fight deal and announced he'll face Jon Madsen in his UFC debut at UFC 116. Verbal agreements are in place, paperwork pending. Reports are Vemola has a beef with James McSweeney over allegations of drug use by Vemola.

Article

runningman08 » Posted 8/9/08 12:37:00AM

This will be a tough first round for madsen. Vemola has finished all his fights in the first round and has mixed them up quiet well with KO/TKO and submission finishes. If Madsen cant get control of this fight fast then i see Vemola winning via KO or TKO. If madsen can get him out of round 1 then it will be interesting how vemola adapts.

Giant_Ochai » Posted 5/19/09 7:57:00PM

0-1
0-2
0-2
0-3
3-5
10-1 With no name wins
2-1

I'm not impressed by Vemola's opponents and I think Madsen will wreck him.

edit: Just to be clear, those are the records of the opponents of Vemola. This reminds me of the James Thompson hype prior to Aleksander Emelianenko destroying him.

runningman08 » Posted 8/9/08 12:37:00AM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

0-1
0-2
0-2
0-3
3-5
10-1 With no name wins
2-1

I'm not impressed by Vemola's opponents and I think Madsen will wreck him.

edit: Just to be clear, those are the records of the opponents of Vemola. This reminds me of the James Thompson hype prior to Aleksander Emelianenko destroying him.

Did you happen to look at Madsen's opponents.

Mostapha Al-Turk- 6-6

Justin Wren 7-2 (Majority of his record are wins over stiffs.)

Ryan Kotzea 2-1

Waylon Goldsmith 2-5

Cody Griffen 0-1

If your not impressed with Vemola's opponents then you should definitely not be impressed with Madsens.

In many peoples eyes madsen is recognized more because of the ultimate fighter but both fighters are in the same boat just one got recognized fast. All im saying is if madsen can use his wrestling then he can pull out a decision but nothing close to wrecking vemola. If not then i see Vemola knocking him out. You got to look at both fighters first before making a clear and decisive pick.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

toss up for me but any guy with that many 1st round victories needs to be taken seriously

DosBox » Posted 12/30/08 7:15:00PM

I like Vemola, he is very aggressive.. he bull rushes, and opponents cover up and get taken down and clobbered. He has pretty good striking power and can pass guard, and is athletic. I still think he is extremely raw, and that Madsen should be able to take him down, Gnp, rinse wash and repeat for 3 rounds fairly easily.

Also, the pace Vemola fights at leads me to believe that his cardio probably isnt all that great.

Im interested in seeing how he fights, but hes against a guy that has a proven base in Jon Madsen, Vemola likes to overwhelm people then take them down, and I dont see him taking down Madsen.

[View Full Version of this Page]