MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > MMA Training
Whole new respct   [View Full Version]
TOMMYAYO05 » Posted 6/27/07 5:26:00PM

So iv been interested in mma for about 8 years,i am very educated as far as the fights go and spectating,but my buddy talked me into going down and training.So i did and i dont regret it i enjoyed it i got a good workout and did it while doing the sport i like most.Iv done football 4 years,basketball,8 and baseball 6.I consider myself athletic but after waking up today i see a LITTLE taste of what they do.Anyway i know its soon and i dont want to jump the gun but i am a very fast learner iv submitted purple belts before.I know im going to want to test my skills i learn after a while im just cureous on how long should i wait before maybe trying some amatuer stuff...............Thanks for input in advance

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

So iv been interested in mma for about 8 years,i am very educated as far as the fights go and spectating,but my buddy talked me into going down and training.So i did and i dont regret it i enjoyed it i got a good workout and did it while doing the sport i like most.Iv done football 4 years,basketball,8 and baseball 6.I consider myself athletic but after waking up today i see a LITTLE taste of what they do.Anyway i know its soon and i dont want to jump the gun but i am a very fast learner iv submitted purple belts before.I know im going to want to test my skills i learn after a while im just cureous on how long should i wait before maybe trying some amatuer stuff...............Thanks for input in advance

Wow subbing purple belts on the first day is amazing congrats man. I would work the stand up game and takedown game to death before I entered the cage if I where u.

madmarck » Posted 1/24/07 5:55:00PM

Posted by postman

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Wow subbing purple belts on the first day is amazing congrats man. I would work the stand up game and takedown game to death before I entered the cage if I where u.

maybe you should go to a school where the purple belts arent Sh!t, seriously.

theruler_ » Posted 4/8/10 8:15:00PM

your coach will probably advise you when he thinks you are ready.
personally. i would forget about having tapped purple belts. it's very unlikely you could submit a purple belt through gracie barra or any other highly respected bjj line without extensive training.

good luck

haggiswashere » Posted 7/30/07 3:48:00PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by postman

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

maybe you should go to a school where the purple belts arent Sh!t, seriously.

DBockman » Posted 9/22/10 6:35:00AM

HI

[View Full Version of this Page]