MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Miller's mis-step at Strikeforce   [View Full Version]
Dastardly1 » Posted 1/29/08 9:00:00PM

On a night of good fights and no bad stoppages or controversy. Jason Miller choose a bad time to start clamoring for a title shot. Sheild just got finishing tossing around Hendo like no one else has done in years. He's ready to thank his sponsors and others when "Mayhem" steps in, steals his limelight and starts yapping. What unfolded was unnecessary. "Mayhem could have saved his comments for the post-fight press conference. Instead he makes UFC look alot classier and Strikeforce look sub standard.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I think it was fine it would have hyped the rematch on national tv and maybe kept Sheilds in strikeforce. He didn't disrespect anyone he just asked for a rematch then was assulted by classless thugs.

BustedKnuckle » Posted 9/2/09 5:48:00PM

Yeah I think it was ok what Mayhem did. The UFC has pulled that move before with GSP, and Rashad /Rampage. the big mis-step came from the so called pros. All the little kiddies from the Cesar Gracie day camp came out of the wood work to beat up a guy out number 6-1!?!?!?! WTF. i am tired of the Diaz's acting like children, and dragging Shields and Melendez with them. That whole camp looks like a gang of thugs now and it is mainly the work of the Diaz's Hopfully the AC pounds them hard, just in time for the police to show up and charge them.

CaranoGirl » Posted 8/15/09 5:26:00PM

totally agree with busted knuckle here about UFC doing the same thing with gsp and evans. Mayhem didnt know he was going to get jumped. He was just having some fun. I cant stand that whole entire camp. Melendez was the only one I liked until he pushed mayhem and started the whole thing.

gcraig22 » Posted 3/18/07 9:56:00PM

I couldn't stand the entire Cesar Gracie fight camp for the longest time, but Melendez and Shields started to grow on me. They seemed polite and respectful, until last night. It's pretty bad for a Promotion when 3 of your champions jump another fighter in the cage. All 3 should have their titles stripped and 6 months suspension.

Nate Diaz will probably get his pink slip from Dana also.

slapshot » Posted 6/22/07 2:16:00PM

Id be shocked, honestly Dana's not going to care IMO. I think there is a lot more WWE in strikeforce than people think there is and you can bet that Miller was 100% told to jump in that cage and create a buzz just like Nick was told to do in the past.

If anyone is to blame start pointing the finger in the right direction and thats at Scott Coker for not only allowing this type of thing to go on but actually facilitating it.

Miller did get right in his grill though and even though the UFC has done similar things with GSP I dont remember him getting that close and up in your grill like miller did.

I think just like in any other sport when something like this goes down there should be fines and a big fat apology.

Andrew_Walker88 » Posted 11/5/09 2:10:00PM

As a fan of Mayhem I will back him but still I admit he was in the wrong place at the wrong time to do what he did. There is a post fight press conference. Also when UFC brought in Evans or GSP, it was controlled with Dana there and security and all that. Mayhem was in there when he wasn't supposed to be. But Strikeforce officials LET Mayhem in that cage when he shouldn't have been. But he did not do anything to result in a beating! He did not physically provoke anyone Shields shoved him and then Melendez and the Diaz Brothers jumped on him. It was ridiculous how they reacted and did a lot ofharm for Strikeforce and CBS relations. Also i bet Dana was loving it since Shields contract is up and he wants Shields to himself. So I bet he is hoping Nate helps persuade Shields. I say good let him go. The less Ceasar Gracie guys in Strikeforce the better. A group of childish thugs.

RiseUp21 » Posted 6/9/08 9:45:00AM

Posted by slapshot

Id be shocked, honestly Dana's not going to care IMO. I think there is a lot more WWE in strikeforce than people think there is and you can bet that Miller was 100% told to jump in that cage and create a buzz just like Nick was told to do in the past.

If anyone is to blame start pointing the finger in the right direction and thats at Scott Coker for not only allowing this type of thing to go on but actually facilitating it.

Miller did get right in his grill though and even though the UFC has done similar things with GSP I dont remember him getting that close and up in your grill like miller did.

I think just like in any other sport when something like this goes down there should be fines and a big fat apology.

You clearly have not been following the follow-up press from this incident. I wouldn't go acting like you personally told Coker to send Mayhem into the cage (which would have to be the only way you know this for a fact since Coker is NONE to pleased and has been saying he has no clue how Mayhem got into the cage) if you want to maintain credibility.

Pitbullpeebs » Posted 2/24/07 9:37:00AM

The UFC do it all the time, Brock Lesnar is always doing it. Mayhem was only gonna trash talk! he would not have started swinging unless provoked, Nate Diaz should be banned!!

Posted by RiseUp21

Posted by slapshot

You clearly have not been following the follow-up press from this incident. I wouldn't go acting like you personally told Coker to send Mayhem into the cage (which would have to be the only way you know this for a fact since Coker is NONE to pleased and has been saying he has no clue how Mayhem got into the cage) if you want to maintain credibility.

I haven't? thanks for informing me. As far as acting like I told Coker to send him in goes, why are you acting like his lapdog?

The fact is, this is not the first time a fight has broke out in the middle of the ring at a strikeforce event in the exact same way, after a fight, during a interview and by a rival fighter. FACT is its not the second time either and the last time it happed to involve the Diaz brothers as well.

And you know what buddy boy, Nick flat out stated he was told by management to jump in the ring and play it up so dont act like its some big stretch of the imagination that this was a planned publicity stunt gone wrong. Its not, its also my opinion and Im entitled to it. I know most posters here know at least some of the history behind SF Id say its not going to tarnish my credibility as a poster.

Personally I dont think it will matter all that much and it should die out fast with all the other sporting events going on so the only people it really makes a big impact with are hardcore fans.

Posted by Pitbullpeebs

The UFC do it all the time, Brock Lesnar is always doing it. Mayhem was only gonna trash talk! he would not have started swinging unless provoked, Nate Diaz should be banned!!

Miller was intrusive and when Shields shoved him he was popping right back at him, IE there was going to be a fight regardless thats no excuse for what the Diaz brothers did but it was hardly ban worthy.

sry bout the dbl post.

Pitbullpeebs » Posted 2/24/07 9:37:00AM

Hardly worth a ban? Miller was being held on the floor while Diaz gave 4/5 hard kicks to the body!

[View Full Version of this Page]