MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Exclusive: K.J. Noons likely for June Strikeforce debut   [View Full Version]
MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

EliteXC lightweight champion K.J. Noons is preparing himself for his highly anticipated Strikeforce debut expected for June.

Sources close to the situation recently confirmed the news with FiveOuncesofPain.com.
here

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

I have a weird affinity for this guy. Don't know why, but I like watching him fight, and win. Maybe it was him beating the crap out of Nick Diaz, and the haters not being able to accept it.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Posted by gartface

I have a weird affinity for this guy. Don't know why, but I like watching him fight, and win. Maybe it was him beating the crap out of Nick Diaz, and the haters not being able to accept it.

CwB » Posted 2/27/07 2:05:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by gartface

But then his post fight comments and cockiness added to the entire refusal of a rematch/defense made me completely flip on him and now hope he fails miserably...

MaxOne » Posted 7/26/07 3:12:00PM

Posted by CwB

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by gartface

But then his post fight comments and cockiness added to the entire refusal of a rematch/defense made me completely flip on him and now hope he fails miserably...

It wasn't quite as simple as him not wanting to give Nick a rematch. He's never been against the rematch and i imagine it'll probably end up happening in strikeforce at some point if KJ does well and Nick continues to dominate. (assuming fans still want to see it)

He has a great relationship w/strikeforce he did not have a good relationship w/elite xc.

CwB » Posted 2/27/07 2:05:00PM

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by CwB

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by gartface

:...

It wasn't quite as simple as him not wanting to give Nick a rematch. He's never been against the rematch and i imagine it'll probably end up happening in strikeforce at some point if KJ does well and Nick continues to dominate. (assuming fans still want to see it)

He has a great relationship w/strikeforce he did not have a good relationship w/elite xc.

I know there was more to it. KJ had horrible management, he wanted to fight Alvarez who he (and his management) thought was the real number one contender, Elite XC was scandalous as Hell...

But the fact that he won the belt due to a cut (regardless of whether he was going to win that fight or not) and then denied a rematch too truly put an end to the fight, even after months of no other fights and a threat to have his title stripped, really makes me dislike the guy.

[View Full Version of this Page]